PDA

View Full Version : Jericho Stairs and Rails, (pics).

Richard Wolf
04-01-2006, 2:12 PM
Maybe you remember the curved stairs I posted a few weeks ago.
We finially finished the basement stairs and all the rails. Glad to be done, way to much pressure to get done. Almost to big a job for my son and I to do.
Enjoy the pictures:

Richard

Richard Wolf
04-01-2006, 2:13 PM
More pics.

Frank Chaffee
04-01-2006, 2:40 PM
Incredible and beautiful work Richard.
Frank

Richard Wolf
04-01-2006, 2:41 PM
And the basement stairs.

Jim Becker
04-01-2006, 2:41 PM
Outstanding, Richard! The new homeowner is very lucky they had you to do this work!!

Todd Davidson
04-01-2006, 2:46 PM
Hey Richard~

Well done!! So, is this the job to be topped or have you conquered harder ones?

In peace, Todd

Richard Wolf
04-01-2006, 2:50 PM
Hey Richard~

Well done!! So, is this the job to be topped or have you conquered harder ones?

In peace, Todd

This is the big one in terms of time, money and scope. To much time to spend on one job for my son and I. Now I'm so backed up with other work I may never see light of day.
Thanks to all.

Richard

Bruce Page
04-01-2006, 3:04 PM
Beautiful work Richard, you & your son must be very proud. Do you also apply the finish to it?

Roger Everett
04-01-2006, 3:04 PM
Looking good Richard. Lota bent lam. work, I did see that one short section at that raised room, musta been the boring part. Bet you're ready for a couple staight rail jobs, to give the brain a rest. Getting a rail glued and put in the bracket forms and all the clamps on gets pretty intense, with the rush-rush. Take a day off for rest, but be in all the earlier Monday morning.
Congrats on a well done job
Roger

Vaughn McMillan
04-01-2006, 3:28 PM
Wow Richard, you and your son have outdone yourselves on this one. The stairs and railings are in a league of their own. Heck, the basement stairs and rails alone are nicer than most houses would ever see for the main staircase. Stunning, awesome, and a whole raft of other superlatives come to mind.

- Vaughn

tod evans
04-01-2006, 5:13 PM
nice work richard!

Ken Fitzgerald
04-01-2006, 5:22 PM
Richard........I've told my wife and friends.....If I ever get tired of the mountain views......just shoot me ......life won't be worth living........Richard if I ever get tired of viewing photos of your craftsmanship.....Just shoot me! Life won't be worth living! Utterly beautiful work.........beautiful!

Steve Clardy
04-01-2006, 5:25 PM
Well done Richard!

Gary Herrmann
04-01-2006, 9:08 PM
Those are BASEMENT stairs? Holy cr@p. Wow. Very impressive work, Richard.

Chris Barton
04-01-2006, 9:14 PM
Rich! This may be your best work to date! I was watching an episode of TOH a couple of weeks ago where they did an on site lamination for the rails and I instantly thought of you. Do you do that sort of thing as well?

Corey Hallagan
04-01-2006, 9:15 PM
Richard, beautiful work as always! Love seeing you and your sons work.

Corey

Peter Pedisich
04-01-2006, 11:29 PM
Richard,

I've been out of touch with SMC lately due to my job, but I just had to reply to this.
The way the curve of the rail works with the curve at floor level is awesome, it must be a challenge to say the least to work out the baluster locations to work with the curved rail!
A curved railing like that needs a Scarlett O'Hara walking down them.

Thanks for sharing.

Pete

Dave Fifield
04-02-2006, 1:04 AM
Outstanding craftsmanship Richard! :) :) :)

Do you "sign" your work? Hope so. A nice inlaid or lasered plate, or ?......

Dave F.

Jim Dunn
04-02-2006, 9:15 AM
I was thinking of the song "Stairway To Heaven" then read that they went down. Outstanding job on them Richard. Congrats to you and your son.

Mark Singer
04-02-2006, 9:24 AM
That is crafstmanship! Beauliful work.....it just flows...

Alex Berkovsky
04-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Richard,
As usual, amazing craftsmanship. Yesterday I went to the WW show at Hofstra and met Allan from J&A Lumber. He seems to know you and the and the great work that you and your son do.
Jericho is a nice area... If the owner has any HS age kids, I bet my wife taught them Spanish.

Jeffrey Makiel
04-02-2006, 10:36 AM
Rich,
That looks like one very difficult job. In addition to your skills, you must have a huge shop too. The design is very graceful and elogant.

Your work is at the top end, and I hope you post more of your projects in the future.

I'm also posting my reply late so I can bump it back to the front of the line so we can all look at it again. :)

thanks for posting the pics...Jeff

John Miliunas
04-02-2006, 10:47 AM
As always, Richard, your work never fails to amaze me! The care and craftsmanship displayed in all of your work, exudes volumes of your ethics and pride in whatever you touch. :) Simply breathtaking, my friend! :) :cool:

Richard Wolf
04-02-2006, 8:14 PM
Rich! This may be your best work to date! I was watching an episode of TOH a couple of weeks ago where they did an on site lamination for the rails and I instantly thought of you. Do you do that sort of thing as well?

Yes, we laminate the rails in place so there is no doubt that the curves match.
Thanks to everyone for your comments.

Richard

Paul B. Cresti
04-02-2006, 8:55 PM
Richard,
Great work as usual! I am sure your elated to be out of there. Isn't it funny that just because a job costs more it does not mean you actually make more money? I find that most of the time you make the most on the very simple jobs than the complex ones.....but then again the complex ones are the ones that are much more satisfying...at least to me

Bob Marino
04-02-2006, 9:44 PM
Richard,

Outstanding job - we expect no less from you!

Bob

Jason Tuinstra
04-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Richard, move evidence for why your the man when it comes to stairs. Outstanding work.

Joe Unni
04-03-2006, 5:52 PM
Richard,

Most impressive! Very nice stuff.

Question...

Do you travel outside of NY to do such beautiful work? If ever I run into that type of customer, I'd love to be able to refer you. I'm not kidding.

Thanks for your beautiful work and for sharing it with us.

-joe

Richard Wolf
04-03-2006, 7:04 PM
Richard,

Most impressive! Very nice stuff.

Question...

Do you travel outside of NY to do such beautiful work? If ever I run into that type of customer, I'd love to be able to refer you. I'm not kidding.

Thanks for your beautiful work and for sharing it with us.

-joe

Joe, thanks. I have done some work out of state, even in Mass. It maybe something I would consider, just keep in mind that there are other people that still do quality work, and they may live closer.

Richard