PDA

View Full Version : No more Woodworks in the Morning

Ben Roman
04-01-2006, 12:13 PM
DIY network has changed its scheduling and will not be showing Woodworks every morning....:mad: I have my morning routine with coffee, woodworks, breakfast, and off to the job. Now they are only going to show woodworks once a week on Saturday.... Am I the only one that realizes the impact of this programming decision. I guess its time to get a Dvr AND RECORD THEM ALL !!

Ben:mad:

Ken Shoemaker
04-01-2006, 12:28 PM
You are not alone!!!! I was equally heartbroken when I found out Mr. Marks and DIY could not come to an agreement and there would be no new episodes.

@#$%^&*()!!!!!! Excuse the outburst......

Ken

Tim Clark
04-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Great!

Even more knitting with Norma and scrapbooking with Sally time.

Yeah, there goes my am routine.:mad:

What seems to be their problem with WW anyway?

skip gleichman
04-01-2006, 12:54 PM
This isn't good at all... perhaps, HGTV or something will pick him up?

Jeffrey Makiel
04-01-2006, 1:21 PM
This is ironic. And it may be my fault!

I was complaining on this forum about a month ago that I did not have DIY as part of my cable package, and CDs were not available for sale. So, this week I upgraded it so I'd have DIY. I must have jinxed it. Oh well.

As far as this show going to HGTV or TLC, I doubt it. These channels seem to have a much lower standard.

cheers, Jeff :)

john whittaker
04-01-2006, 1:48 PM
This is upsetting news...but at least now we know it's all JEFF'S fault. :mad: Thanks a lot Jeff for jinxing it for the rest of us...
But at least you admit it.:D

Bruce Shiverdecker
04-01-2006, 1:53 PM
Guys and Gals. You can still get your woodworking fix by turning on your computer and watching "The woodworking Channel". It's on 24/7.

Bruce

Vaughn McMillan
04-01-2006, 3:42 PM
...I guess its time to get a Dvr AND RECORD THEM ALL !!
That's the solution for me. I TiVo them all, so I didn't realize it was on in the morning. (I watch them at night. ;) )

- Vaughn

Gary Herrmann
04-01-2006, 4:02 PM
My wife starting recording them for me last year and burning them to DVDs as a very thoughtful ongoing Christmas present. Its fun to grab a few when I travel.

Matt Meiser
04-01-2006, 6:59 PM
They've just been repeating the same one's over and over for the past several months anyway. I've been going throught the upcoming episodes on my Tivo season pass and have pretty much been cancelling all of them.

Keith Christopher
04-01-2006, 7:02 PM
I have EVERY episode on DVR or burned to DVD. It's sad for us, but David will be doing JUST fine, his talent and the quality of his work will keep him till the day he dies. He is my true WWing hero.

Dino Makropoulos
04-01-2006, 7:06 PM
We're starting a new program with DIY.
The ez smart woodworking system.
Starting Aug 1st we're on.:D

Sorry DM.:rolleyes:

Michael Adelong
04-01-2006, 8:45 PM
Can you get David to host it? Please.

Corey Hallagan
04-01-2006, 9:17 PM
Hopefully this will be an opportunity for a new show and to see him do more turning and I love his guilded works.

Corey

Bob Aliano
04-01-2006, 9:38 PM
I haven't seen a new episode in about a year. I quit watching that and the woodturning program as well a long time ago. The only the pseuo-design programs seem to survive. Probably have a bigger audience.

Barry O'Mahony
04-01-2006, 10:54 PM
I haven't seen a new episode in about a year. I quit watching that and the woodturning program as well a long time ago. The only the pseuo-design programs seem to survive. Probably have a bigger audience.Yea, Woodworks and the woodturning show were the only decent woodworking shows on there.

I it seems like what's left are "trading spaces"-type and crafty shows designed for the audience of the Oprah show, or "home improvement"/"pseudo-woodworking" shows dispensing bad advice to extreme novices.

I guess I better set the DVR to capture every episode, before the idiots who program the DIY network cancel the one remaining appearance.

Charles Bruno
04-02-2006, 8:47 AM
That is sad news Ben,
I too sit every am with a cup of Joe and my dog on my lap and we watch David Marks. Although I've seen most of the shows some I can watch over and over again. Maybe if enough of us inquired DIY would try harder to get a deal with him?

I wish I had him on DVD.

scott kinninger
04-02-2006, 9:55 AM
This is really a shame.
How many people set their alarms & TIVO's/VCR's to, and are inspired by "Floors,Doors" , "Ask DIY Decorating", and "Talk2DIY"? Seriously who really watches that crap? I know that lots of you guys out there have been very familiar for a long time with the methods he uses, but he has shown me things that I never dreamed possible and demonstrates in it a manner that makes any woodworker believe that they can do it too.

Ben Roman
04-02-2006, 12:06 PM
I am glad I am not the only one Sad !!!