PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Tool Belt

Per Swenson
04-01-2006, 10:23 AM
Hey Folks,

Lee Valley is offering the ultimate tool belt.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?p=53927

Per

Tony Falotico
04-01-2006, 10:59 AM
The Disclaimer is a hoot !! :) :)

Keep off migratory bird paths. Are migratory birds magnetic ??

Pete Harbin
04-01-2006, 11:03 AM
They used "pucks" :D I need one just for that! :p

Do you think if you were to stand exactly in the center of the magnetic field created by all the metal tools in your shop that you wouldn't be able to move?

LOYL: Honey, could you come in the house for a minute?

You: No dear, I' can't!

LOYL: (Confused because you never tell her "No", right?) I need you to come in here for a moment!

You: Sweetheart, I can't do that right now!

LOYL: (Storming through the shop door to see you just standing in the middle of the shop doing nothing.) You're not even working on anything! I need you in the house NOW!

You: I swear babe...I CAN'T come in the house! I'm trapped! Curse that Lee Valley!!!!!

Pete

Lee DeRaud
04-01-2006, 11:06 AM
That is so not happening: my shop is in my garage, so that belt would turn into a permanent hood ornament about 12 seconds after it came out of the box.:eek:

Lee DeRaud
04-01-2006, 11:12 AM
Do you think if you were to stand exactly in the center of the magnetic field created by all the metal tools in your shop that you wouldn't be able to move?Sure...not that you'd be any position to appreciate the effect: the last thing you'd see is the high-speed approach of every loose screwdriver, router bit, drill bit, knife, saw blade, chisel, and drywall screw in your shop.

All things considered, I'd rather join the cast of 'South Park' as Kenny's stunt double.

Andy Hoyt
04-01-2006, 11:26 AM
Outstanding. Snookered me for sure.

You have to like a company that has a sense of humor.

Doug Shepard
04-01-2006, 2:48 PM
Holy Batbelts Batman.:eek:

Dick Bringhurst
04-01-2006, 2:53 PM
That's only for those that are not blessed with a magnetic personality. Dick B.

Bob Noles
04-01-2006, 3:26 PM
They did not mention in their disclaimer to stay clear of passing trains 18 wheelers too. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Vaughn McMillan
04-01-2006, 3:30 PM
I bought one of these tool belts for working on my computers. Sure makes it easy to clear off all the unnecessary files of a hard disk. Nice find, Per.

- Vaughn

Gary Herrmann
04-01-2006, 4:04 PM
I may tell my wife I need one of these. When she argues, then say ok, can I get X for half the price? Hmm...

Mark Rios
04-01-2006, 4:38 PM
I was thinking how I could use this on a jobsite. Do I lean into the box of nails and let the nails jump onto the puck. Or do I take the puck off, dip it into the nail box and then put the puck back on the belt?

I have to imagine that I'm going to get alot of scratches on wall and doors as I walk by/through them.

Do they make a special puck for my Paslode Impulse?

Can I hang my Skilsaw off of it? Maybe not the Mag 77.

Last time I bought pencils, I didn't see any that were steel clad.

Where do I hang my sandwich?

Brad Townsend
04-01-2006, 5:08 PM
It also works as a gun holster for you Brokeback Mountain fans.:D

Steve Clardy
04-01-2006, 5:51 PM
It also works as a gun holster for you Brokeback Mountain fans.:D

Ooof.:eek: Didn't need that one.:rolleyes:
Not a fan, won't be.

Steve Clardy
04-01-2006, 5:54 PM
Quite a belt. Seen that on another forum this am.
I have a hard enough time lugging around what I keep in my pockets, let alone one of those that would trap me when I passed by one of my overhead doors.
I could just see myself stuck to the inside of a 10x10 overhead garage door, then the wife punches the garage opener from outside.:eek:
She'd be looking for me for two weeks.:confused: :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :D

tod evans
04-01-2006, 6:11 PM
made for ironworkers.....02 tod

Tom Hamilton
04-01-2006, 6:15 PM
Better hurry with you order, I suspect it is a one day sale!

David Rose
04-01-2006, 8:44 PM
What would happen if you got too close to the clamp rack? Imagine being buried in tons of steel and plastic! :eek:

I can think of all kinds of neat computer applications. Would you still need a ground strap?

Steve, after two weeks, your wife probably wouldn't want you back. :rolleyes: :D

David

Frank Chaffee
04-01-2006, 8:45 PM
Better hurry with you order, I suspect it is a one day sale!
It may be Tom,
But every year about this time they offer a “must have” product.
Here are some past deals:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p=49588&cat=1,41182
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p=51633&cat=1,42936
Frank

Chris Fite
04-02-2006, 5:15 PM
I love April Fool's Day. Just imagine wearing it when you walked over to your table saw.

Chuck Powell
04-02-2006, 8:09 PM
What a great sense of humor! I wish we had the same attitude where I work...

Frank Pellow
04-02-2006, 9:09 PM
What a great sense of humor! I wish we had the same attitude where I work...
It's yet another example of what make Lee Valley such a great company. I have three friends who work for Lee Valley, and they love the place.

Greg Sznajdruk
04-02-2006, 10:56 PM
It's a good thing April 1st only comes once a year.

Greg

David Rose
04-02-2006, 11:06 PM
Yeah, eventually they would off some "hoaky thing" that I really wanted. :D

David

It's a good thing April 1st only comes once a year.

Greg

Cliff Rohrabacher
04-03-2006, 9:32 AM
Yes Yes Oh YES !!! Oh please stick a 30 million gauss energy product on all my tools so that every time I get close to a brad or a tiny bit of iron or steel it sticks to the bottom of my plane or my square and gouges and scrapes and interferes. I'm down with that I need an excuse for my screw ups.

Every once in a while some idiot industrial designer's brain goes on the frammitz and they produce stupid stuff that does lots more harm than good.

But hey, it looks cool.

Bill White
04-03-2006, 12:25 PM
degauss the cat's brain or my waistline (which might not be a bad thing). Can ya imagine what the dude would do to an LCD screen?
HMMM. Let's think of all the wierd things we could do with all that mag field......

Andy Hoyt
04-03-2006, 12:30 PM
..... Let's think of all the wierd things we could do with all that mag field...... Buy a matched set. One for you and one for your sweetie. Clothing optional.