PDA

View Full Version : Screwdriver bit holder for cordless drills?

Doug Shepard
03-31-2006, 6:36 PM
My new Panasonic 15.6V drill showed up today from Amazon. Haven't had time to take pics yet or do anything more than pull the trigger. It seems to have arrived fully charged BTW. But the only thing I can see missing feature-wise is a decent set of holders for screwdriver bits. My DeWalt has 2 integral holders molded right into the drill. The Panasonic has a cheesy setup for storing one bit in the base but you have to remove the battery to get to it. That's going to get old real quick. Has anyone seen any sort of aftermarket clip that would hold a couple of bits? Something I could glue on to the drill housing or even something on a velcro type band that would wrap around the housing??

Kelly Anderson
03-31-2006, 7:08 PM
McFeeleys has a stick on foam one. It has 4 holes and was something like 3 or 4 dollars for 2. I got one for my drill and it works pretty good.

Hoa Dinh
03-31-2006, 7:11 PM
A small rare earth magnet attached to the drill body (with expoxy glue or in a magnet cup) will hold several tips.

Doug Shepard
03-31-2006, 7:38 PM
McFeeleys has a stick on foam one. It has 4 holes and was something like 3 or 4 dollars for 2. I got one for my drill and it works pretty good.

Thanks. I think I just found it. It looks like it would do the trick.
http://www.mcfeelys.com/product.asp?pid=BZ-4000

Hoa Dinhs mag idea might work pretty good too.

Unless someone has any other alternatives I think one of these ideas should work.

Thanks

Randy Meijer
04-01-2006, 3:07 AM
Check your owner's manual. Mine(different brand) advised to go through several charge/discharge cycles before using the drill to bring the batterry to its fullest capability. You may have a different type of battery; but do check what the manufacturee has to say.