PDA

View Full Version : Oliver 10" jointer Owners

Corey Pionk
03-31-2006, 2:30 PM
Ok I need someone to measure the footprint of this beast so I can order a HTC mobile base. If they would please.

Corey Pionk
03-31-2006, 3:07 PM
Ok guys nevermind I made an order through Sunhill. It was cheaper through sunhil then to go through HTC locally.

Tyler Howell
03-31-2006, 3:52 PM
That was quick glad we could help.

Marty Baucom
03-31-2006, 6:27 PM
I am considering the Grizzly G0455 alternative to the Oliver. Do you guys with either the Grizzly or the Oliver 10" jointer have them on mobile bases? Seems like a heavy beast for a mobile base. Also someone I know who has an Oliver was told that Oliver actually makes the Grizzly just uses an import motor. Anyone heard this too?

Corey Pionk
03-31-2006, 8:35 PM
I am considering the Grizzly G0455 alternative to the Oliver. Do you guys with either the Grizzly or the Oliver 10" jointer have them on mobile bases? Seems like a heavy beast for a mobile base. Also someone I know who has an Oliver was told that Oliver actually makes the Grizzly just uses an import motor. Anyone heard this too?

Yes that is true. But Grizzly makes a better blade guard. But I opted for the Baldor motor and will probably order a grizzly blade guard :D And the machine being on a mobile base is no problem it's only 900lbs and the good folks at HTC custom make them for Sunhill Machinery. You should see the 12" Bridgetank Jointer at Wilke's it has a mobile base available. And I just called Eagle Machinery and Repair today and they said they built a mobile base for a old 3000 lbs planer.

Dan Racette
04-02-2006, 11:09 AM
I don't use a mobile base, and I could measure for ya when my folks head home.

I picked up a pallet jack from harbor Frieght for $169 when it was on sale, and now everthing in my shop is "mobile". I spentworked in a paper mill for a while and clocked a bunch of warehouse time on palletizing warehouse items and I have put that in use in my shop. I would highly recommend it!!

Mine is kind of buried right now, as I am selling in because I went to a combo machine. (it's in the classy's here).

They are very smooth running and there is quite a bit of iron compared to the other brands that I have seen.