PDA

View Full Version : Need fence for DW705 cms

Doyle Alley
03-31-2006, 11:37 AM
After years of struggling to get accurate cuts from my DW705 CMS, I figured out that the problem is because the faces of the two sides of the fence are not parallel to each other. That means I can align the blade to either the right side or the left side, but not both at the same time. Replacement fences are no longer available for this model.

If anybody out there has a DW705 that has died and is looking to part it out, I would be willing to buy a good straight fence.

tod evans
03-31-2006, 11:51 AM
doyle, if this saw has a one piece fence why not just sand it untill both halfs are in plane? or a piece of aluminum angle is easy to shape too. i haven`t seen the saw you`re asking about but have kept many saws on the road for little money....02 tod

Kirk (KC) Constable
03-31-2006, 11:51 AM
Mine's the same way. :(

Doyle Alley
03-31-2006, 11:59 AM
I actually thought about taking it to an automotive machine shop. When I was first out of high school (many decades ago), I worked at a NAPA store that had a machine shop in the back. I remember watching the machinist deck an engine head. It looks like they could use the same machine and by referencing one side as the standard, machine the other side down to the same plane.

tod evans
03-31-2006, 12:02 PM
doyle, sandpaper is cheap, just stick some discs to youre table saw table and have at it...02 tod

Doyle Alley
03-31-2006, 1:01 PM
Thanks Tod. You're right. Aluminum should sand down fairly quickly.