PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly blade sharpener?

Josh Goldsmith
03-31-2006, 11:08 AM
Have any of you used the Grizzly Blade shapener? I have heard alot of info about the makita but not Grizzly. A guy that i meet has one for $50+ shipping and i want to make sure i get a good tool. Thanks Ahead of time.

Josh

Tom Jones III
03-31-2006, 11:18 AM
I looked at it before buying the makita. The grizzly was high speed (3500 rpm I think) where the makita is very slow (500 rpm I think). The grizzly was also dry vs the makita wet sharpening. If memory serves, the Grizzly also had a pretty rough stone. It seems the grizzly tool is not for fine sharpening like I would use on planer or jointer blades.

tod evans
03-31-2006, 11:19 AM
josh, send your blades out for a while `till you get set up and running, sharpening jointer/planer knifes has a learning curve that takes a bit of time-n-steel to master.....02 tod

Dick James
03-31-2006, 11:57 AM
Have any of you used the Grizzly Blade shapener? I have heard alot of info about the makita but not Grizzly. A guy that i meet has one for $50+ shipping and i want to make sure i get a good tool. Thanks Ahead of time.

Josh

I've got a bunch of Grizzly tools,and the blade sharpener is the only one I'm not to happy with.Got a bunch of messed up blades,trying to get used to it.I kinda wish I'd given the money to a sharpening service.