PDA

View Full Version : Tenryu Blades

Dan Gill
03-31-2006, 10:54 AM
Have any of you used Tenryu saw blades? I'm specifically looking at a 50-tooth Speed Cut combo I can get for $40. How do they compare to the better Freuds and the Woodworker II?

Ken Garlock
03-31-2006, 11:13 AM
Dan, I have heard that Tenryu makes a very good blade, and that they make the blade that comes on the Mikita LS1013 miter saw. I don't know that for a fact, but it is a possiblity as I have heard it on several forums.

As comparing it to others, I think the WW II is more or less the 'gold standard' of comparison when it comes to saw blades.

For $40, you can't go wrong. If it only lasts 1/2 as long as a WW II, you break even.....

Dana Van Pelt
03-31-2006, 11:15 AM
Dan,

I think very highly of Tenruy saw blades. Very high quality, long life, and a good cut. A very good value.
Mike
American Sycamore

Bart Leetch
03-31-2006, 11:18 AM
Dan,

I think very highly of Tenruy saw blades. Very high quality, long life, and a good cut. A very good value.
Mike
American Sycamore

I'll second that I have one for my CMS its an outstanding blade.

Jake Helmboldt
03-31-2006, 12:10 PM
I've heard some (all?) Hitachi blades are Tenryu as well? Is there truth to this? Anyone ever use any Hitachi blades? I tend to stay away from blades from the tool manufacturers, but if they are made by a reputable company, might be a decent economy general purpose blade.

JH

scott spencer
03-31-2006, 12:26 PM
Dan, I have heard that Tenryu makes a very good blade, and that they make the blade that comes on the Mikita LS1013 miter saw. I don't know that for a fact, but it is a possiblity as I have heard it on several forums.

As comparing it to others, I think the WW II is more or less the 'gold standard' of comparison when it comes to saw blades.

For $40, you can't go wrong. If it only lasts 1/2 as long as a WW II, you break even..... Tenryu makes a couple of different levels of blade. They have a premium "Gold Medal" 40T that gets compared to the WWII often. Don't know at what level the others are or how they others compare

Ken Salisbury
03-31-2006, 2:17 PM
Tenryu makes a couple of different levels of blade. They have a premium "Gold Medal" 40T that gets compared to the WWII often. Don't know at what level the others are or how they others compare

I have a Tenryu 40T that I use as a backup to my WWII if I need to have the WWII sharpened. It is an excellent blade, close to but not a WWII.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
03-31-2006, 2:25 PM
Yes the blades on Hitachi are made by Tenryu.

They are a good company, one of the world leaders in blades.

Recently, when I needed my blade on Big Blue (my old Hitachi resaw bandsaw) resharpended, I got hold of Hitachi to ask where, they directed my to Tenryu.

The guy I communicated with spoke English and went out of his way to help me, one Mr. Yuji Hashimoto.

He told me that it would be faster and cheaper to send it to a sharpening service, which he recommended to me, not far away. He told me to ask for the owner and they would set me up.

When we called the sharpening shop, the owner knew I was going to call, as Mr. Hashimoto had already called him and told him I was going to contact them.

Great service, and from what I understand great saw blades as well.

Cheers!