PDA

View Full Version : Reconditioned Delta X5 Unisaws

Chris Rosenberger
03-30-2006, 10:41 PM
I had to make a trip to Cincinnati, OH to pickup some lumber today. While in town I decided to stop by a large woodworking machinery dealer there, the Edward B. Mueller Company. They have some reconditioned Delta X5 left tilt Unisaws for sale. They are 3hp, include 2 cast extenion wings & a carbide blade. They do not include a fence. The saws are only covered by a 6 month warranty. The price was $899.00. They had one setting next to a regular X5 & I could not see any difference between them.

Jim Bell
03-30-2006, 11:18 PM
My opinion would be to buy a unisaw that doesn't have an "X" in the name.
Jim

Hoa Dinh
03-31-2006, 12:12 AM
So adding a fence, say $300 (50" Biesy will cost more), will bring the price up to $1200. And you still need to find legs and extension table.

What's the warranty on these recon'ed units? And what's delivery charge?

There is a guy advertising on Woodnet brand new X5 Unisaw with 50" Biesy fence for $1500 delivered, minus $100 rebate from Delta. I think that's a better deal.

Michael Gibbons
03-31-2006, 8:22 AM
Chris, A new X5 has a three year warranty and you get a free tool or mobile base or a rebate plus you still need the fence ,table board and extension legs. I would ask why is it in the condition it is.

Art Davies
03-31-2006, 8:35 AM
Hello
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the regular unisaw and the X series, other than you get free tools with the X series?
<o:p></o:p>
Thank you
<o:p></o:p>
Art

Hoa Dinh
03-31-2006, 9:55 AM
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the regular unisaw and the X series, other than you get free tools with the X series
I can't. Simply because there is none.

Delta X5 series is a product of the marketing department.

Larry Fox
03-31-2006, 10:04 AM
Chris, A new X5 has a three year warranty and you get a free tool or mobile base or a rebate plus you still need the fence ,table board and extension legs. I would ask why is it in the condition it is.

Michael, I believe the warranty on an X5 machine is 5 years.

From Delta:

"5 YEAR WARRANTY. All X5 series tools are backed by a "best in class" 5 year warranty. That is 3-4 years longer than other brands."

Chris Rosenberger
03-31-2006, 10:12 AM
Hello
ffice:office" /><O:p></O:p>
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the regular unisaw and the X series, other than you get free tools with the X series?
<O:p></O:p>
Thank you
<O:p></O:p>
Art

You are correct. They are the same saw with an X5 decal, 3 extra years of warranty & include some other goodies that you may or may not want or need.

I am sorry I posted this. I did not intend to offend anyone. I was just passing on information to someone in this area that might want a Unisaw at a low price & be able to add the fence of their choice, like an Incra fence.

I was told Delta took these saws back from a dealer that went out of business before they paid Delta for them. Since the saws were in Delta's system as already sold, they could not be resold as new. The fences could be resold as new.