PDA

View Full Version : House remodel update (link)

Rod Peterson
08-15-2003, 4:12 PM
<br>
I haven't been on the computer much over the last four months due to the acquisition of a new (old) home that needed some modernization.

Several friends have asked for pictures and I finally got around to using several of the ones I've taken to cobble together a page on my site that tells the story thus far.

If you're interested, go to <a href=http://www.woodbutcher.net/house>woodbutcher.net/house</a>. I don't have an active link from my home page, so you'll have to either use the link above or remember to type in the <i>/house</i> after my domain name.

Thanks for the interest.

Rod

P.S. to Ken Garlock (and others who may be interested). The previous owner was a ham who passed away about a dozen years ago. I don't even know his call, but there is the base for a crank up/tilt over tower in the back near the southeast bedroom. That's probably where the shack will go. I don't know if I'll put up any big iron this time; I'm getting too old and out of shape for all that climbing...

Jim Becker
08-15-2003, 10:58 PM
Nothing like a "little home improvement project" to spice up your life! :D

You got a bargan on that dumpster, too. My 8-yard dumpster for the kitchen renovation cost me $285 and I could have it for no more than a week tops. (It was filled in two days...)

Keep posting those progress pictures!!

John Miliunas
08-16-2003, 12:09 AM
Nice to have you back in action, Rod! By the looks of things at your new spread, you're seeing plenty of "action"! Appears that you've gotten quite a bit done already. Personally, I think renovations can be a royal pain in the rumpus region, but there's also a lot of satisfaction to be had once you're done. ('Course, with a house, you're NEVER done!) Anyhow, nice seeing you out here, again! Keep those progress pics coming. :cool:

Martin Shupe
08-16-2003, 11:31 AM
Well, it looks like you don't have to sneak your lathe around the condo complex anymore! Congratulations!

Ken Garlock
08-16-2003, 8:35 PM
<br>
P.S. to Ken Garlock (and others who may be interested). The previous owner was a ham who passed away about a dozen years ago. I don't even know his call, but there is the base for a crank up/tilt over tower in the back near the southeast bedroom. That's probably where the shack will go. I don't know if I'll put up any big iron this time; I'm getting too old and out of shape for all that climbing...

Rod, I can surely identify with being tired of tower climbing :( . And those nice winch operated crank-up towers are like 3 PM-66s in cost :eek: With the FCC proposed Broadband over Power Lines (BPL,) it may not be worth the effort to put up a tower or shack any longer :( One thing or another....

Thanks for posting the detailed tour of the new home. I like it and the surrounding trees -- very very nice.

On the "Geek" box, take a look at the Belden 7913 composite home automation cable. It has 2 RG6, 2 Cat 5E, and 2 Fiber cables all in one package. I ran it all over our house and shop, all 1500 ft of cable. (Actually, I had the electrican rough it in as he did his thing.) There is a lot of goodies at smarthome.com, that is where I got my master panel. (Just a happy customer.)

I can see where you have been busting you bottom all summer. It will nice to be able to kick back and enjoy when you are finished. :)