View Full Version : Pulling the Trigger Today

Corey Pionk
03-30-2006, 3:03 PM
Ok I finally got some extra cash!!

And I'm going to order the following today:

1. A General 650 T50 From Wilke's

2. A Yorkraft 20" planer From Wilke's

3. A Oliver 10" Jointer From Sales and Surplus

So now I can kiss 5 grand or so good bye with my wifes permission of course. So how did I do on my desicions? It took me a year of research and I think I did ok on what I picked. Now I feel this is very overwhelming and need some opinions please. I just want to make sure this is a good decision.

Michael Gabbay
03-30-2006, 3:05 PM
4 STARS!

I looked at the General last weekend at the show. VERY NICE SAW. Ya done good.

tod evans
03-30-2006, 3:15 PM
cory, for the money you`re talking ya done good! .02 tod

John Hedges
03-30-2006, 3:29 PM
Ya really messed up:eek::eek::eek:. To atone you can just change the shipping address to my house and start over again. I'll take care of your mistakes for you, no problem:D:D:D

Andy Hoyt
03-30-2006, 3:58 PM
So what's your wife getting? With or without your permission.

Great purchases, and do not regret making them. When they arrive, hold an adoption ceremony and get 'em filty dirty used looking.

Ken Garlock
03-30-2006, 4:02 PM
Sounds like a bases loaded homerun:eek: :cool:

Excellent choice of machines. I liked everything about the General 650 T50, except the price.

When it is delivered, we need pictures.:D

Vaughn McMillan
03-30-2006, 4:45 PM
Your trigger finger must be sore from all that pulling! Nice haul indeed.

- Vaughn

Corey Pionk
03-30-2006, 4:53 PM
So what's your wife getting? With or without your permission.

Great purchases, and do not regret making them. When they arrive, hold an adoption ceremony and get 'em filty dirty used looking.

The wife is getting a new computer for college. Which is ok since it will bring back money when she starts her new career as a nurse after college. But the first thing on my honey do list is a blanket chest. But only problem now is that yorkie planer is on back order and the first batch is spoken for so one in the next batch will be mine in the end of may.

Michael Ballent
03-30-2006, 5:04 PM
I would have gone with a SawStop and a J/P combo from MiniMax, but you did ask for our opinion ;) Other than that I think you done good :D But that would have blown your budget ;)

Steven J Corpstein
03-30-2006, 7:34 PM
They are a super saw. I bought mine last November and love it. I was a machinist in my previous life and had to work on mills with tables WAY less flat than the General. I've since added a Jessem Mast-R-Slide and couldn't wish for anything more. Congratulations on your saw, you'll really like it.

Jim Becker
03-30-2006, 7:59 PM
Congrats on the new tools, Corey! That will be a nice setup and I'm glad you opted for the wider jointer.

Frank Pellow
03-30-2006, 8:14 PM
Congratulations Corey! You now have the same table saw as me which is good :) but you have a bigger planer and a bigger jointer than I do and I am not so sure that htat is good :rolleyes: .

lou sansone
03-30-2006, 8:44 PM
good choices and your gonna love em.... best wishes
lou

Tom Hamilton
03-30-2006, 9:12 PM
Super day for you, you got the tools you wanted. Enjoy the moment and don't forget to include your sweet wife in your gratitude.

Sounds like she is a typical nurse, always thinking of others.

You picked wisely... in tools and wives. :) :D

Best regards, Tom

Jason Tuinstra
03-30-2006, 9:56 PM
Wow, great haul. That's a major tool gloat... a gloat to end all gloats! Good for you! Have fun.