PDA

View Full Version : Next Pics

Dennis Perry
03-30-2006, 12:25 PM

Thanks Dennis

John Minton
03-30-2006, 1:10 PM
Hi

Thanks for the pictures. We laser people sometimes get spoiled, A few secounds here and there and were done. What you are doing takes a long time and a lot of patience. My wife says the laser is perfect for people with A.D.D. Last night I was running bookmarks that take 1 minute & 30 secounds each and I was getting crazy waiting.

Thanks for letting me know that not every job is under 5 min.

P.S.

Were have all the Laser people gone. I check this place several times a day when there is nothing new it is a let down. I will try to start posting some more but I am new at low power lasers. If you need to know about high power lasers I am your guy.

Thanks again
John

Joe Pelonio
03-30-2006, 2:58 PM
Hi
P.S.

Were have all the Laser people gone. I check this place several times a day when there is nothing new it is a let down.
John,

I've noticed that too, I take a quick look several times a day and reading new stuff gives me an excuse for a quick break. Maybe we're all just busy. For me, it's been a workout, walking miles inside the shop. I've cut 233 approx. 5"x22" cardstock stencils two at a time takes 5-6 minutes. I put in the material, run 30' down the hall to the back where I work on vinyl signs or other things until I here the "done" bell and back I go. I have nightmares about a problem when I'm not watching it but so far just one case where a piece flew into the path of the beam and I had to hand cut 1/2".

Gary Rodgers
03-30-2006, 4:03 PM
Hi, John,
I'm new to the forum and was wondering about what type of bookmarks you're lasering.

I had an Epilog 24 EX a few years back and have just bit the bullet and ordered a new Helix 24 45-watt. I'm hoping to see it any day now.

Thanks,

Gary Rodgers

Hi

Thanks for the pictures. We laser people sometimes get spoiled, A few secounds here and there and were done. What you are doing takes a long time and a lot of patience. My wife says the laser is perfect for people with A.D.D. Last night I was running bookmarks that take 1 minute & 30 secounds each and I was getting crazy waiting.

Thanks for letting me know that not every job is under 5 min.

P.S.

Were have all the Laser people gone. I check this place several times a day when there is nothing new it is a let down. I will try to start posting some more but I am new at low power lasers. If you need to know about high power lasers I am your guy.

Thanks again
John

John Minton
03-30-2006, 4:55 PM
Hi Gary

I am making bookmarks for a wide group of churches and clubs. After a lot of trial & error I found that 1/32 Cherry or birch plywood works best. If you don't engrave too deep they seem to be very strong for that thin of material. I have made hundreds so far and only had one break because someone stepped on it. If I can be of any more help just let me know.

P.S.

If you want to make them out of stainless. I use a 1500 watt mazak. etching at 600 inches per minute and cutting at 150 inches per minute. With that much power you do not need cermark. Just in case you wanted to know.

John

Dennis Perry
03-30-2006, 6:39 PM
It looks like we got some action back on the ex-laser wood working area. It seems when the name changed everyone left.

Book marks on a open gantry 1500 watt machine that must be interesting. Do you have a smaller mashine for rastering? you must the big gun can't be that fast or can it.

Dennis

John Minton
03-31-2006, 3:28 PM
Hello Dennis

Sorry I should have cleared that I do the wood bookmarks on a epilog 35w when someone wants stainless bookmarks then I go to the 1500 w machine. I also have a 2600 w flying optic machine. The 1500 w machine is what they call a hybrid. The material moves in the x axis and the beam move in the Y axis. The 2600 w machine is very close to my epilog in beam delivery system. I will try to find a picture of each and post.

P.S.

I have a 5000 w machine on order just not sure of the delivery date yet.