PDA

View Full Version : Could you guys do me a favor?

Fred Voorhees
03-29-2006, 8:26 PM
As some of you may or may not know, I have been deeply involved in the local dirt track stock car racing scene here in the Northeast for over thirty years and have been attending them for over forty years. I have done lots of jobs in the sport such as announcing, writing columns and race reports, public rela;tions work, radio and television show color commentary. One of public relations jobs I have had in the past was for a particular driver named Billy Pauch. Billy rose to become one of the most prolific drivers in the Northeast and some say, in the country. Well, his son has begun to race and has a few years under his belt and he is really showing some potential. The kid is one of the most polite and greatest, kindest kids I have ever had the pleasure to know and I would like to help him along as much as possible.

There currently is a website that is hosting a voting contest among a large collection of young drivers for the chance (top 12 vote getters) to be on a television program that would generate a lot of exposure for them. If you could please take what would probably amount to two or three minutes of your time, could you go to the site posted below and vote for Billy Pauch Jr.. He is currently right up there near the top of the drivers and I would like to keep him up there and get him on that show. I would really appreciate it, and I'm sure young Billy would too.

http://www.racinforalivin.com/vote/index.php

Thanks - Fred

Fred Voorhees
03-29-2006, 8:57 PM
Here are two pictures of the kid. The open wheel shot is from the annual Chili Bowl in Tulsa,OK.

Don Baer
03-29-2006, 9:04 PM
Fred,'
Hes got my vote.

Bill Lewis
03-29-2006, 9:08 PM
Done!

Looks like he's in 2nd place already, you may not need our help, but glad to do it nonetheless.

Bruce Page
03-29-2006, 9:10 PM
Done. I'm always ready to support a fellow race fan!

Are you sure those aren’t professional models? What a great group of good looking young men & women!

Karl Laustrup
03-29-2006, 9:37 PM
I tried to get on the site tonight, but got timed out, so I'll try again early in the morning.

Is he shooting for NASCAR? That would be cool. Maybe a few years from now I can be watching and saying "I helped him get where he is today".

Karl

Robert Roy
03-29-2006, 10:05 PM
I was able to get on and vote. Glad to help!
-Rob

Vaughn McMillan
03-30-2006, 12:16 AM
Done deal...

- Vaughn

Norman Hitt
03-30-2006, 3:12 AM
Got 'er DONE, Fred. Always willing to help a good kid.

Glenn Clabo
03-30-2006, 5:31 AM
I voted...but just a warning...for some reason I had my speakers turned up and the music really woke me up. Don't need coffee this morning!

Fred Voorhees
03-30-2006, 5:52 AM
I tried to get on the site tonight, but got timed out, so I'll try again early in the morning.

Is he shooting for NASCAR? That would be cool. Maybe a few years from now I can be watching and saying "I helped him get where he is today".

Karl
Karl, that could be one goal. In fact, he and his father Billy Sr. are very involved with Ray Evernham. Ray raced right here in my area. I know him well also since I covered the sport and had a lot of contact with him before he went national. Both Billy's have been involved with Ray with Dodge engine programs.

Ray Bersch
03-30-2006, 8:04 AM
Fred
Done, in fact, I think I voted twice - just like a Jersey guy should!
Ray

Jim Dunn
03-30-2006, 8:11 AM
Well I voted, then took the time to look down the page a little a seen that sweet looking young lady, Dooh! Well I can always tell her I voted for her, if I ever meet her.

Fred hope your guy wins.

Jerry Clark
03-30-2006, 9:36 AM
Done pushed the button!:D

Lou Morrissette
03-30-2006, 10:44 AM
He's got my vote.

Lou

Fred Voorhees
03-30-2006, 7:40 PM
Thanks so much guys. For those that are new looking in, you can still get there and vote. In fact, those guys that have already voted, I understand that you can actually vote every hour, so if you feel so inclined, you can actually go there again and vote and it will count. Thanks again and I will let you guys know if he makes the top twelve.

Ed Breen
03-31-2006, 6:06 PM
My vote is in for him
ED

Tony Falotico
03-31-2006, 6:31 PM
One more vote for Billy, Good Luck.........

Robert Mickley
03-31-2006, 8:32 PM
Got my vote in