PDA

View Full Version : How many Creekers does it take......

Terry Hatfield
08-15-2003, 9:21 AM
I saw this on another forum and just had to share it here. It is just toooo true......

How many discussion group posters does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

5 to flame the spell checkers.

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames.

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"

... another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum.

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

Quote:
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?".

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Bart Leetch
08-15-2003, 10:11 AM
Foreclosure is sounding better all the time. He He He He !!!!!

Rob Overton
08-15-2003, 11:06 AM
Terry, You and I have too much time on our hands: You for posting this and me for reading it .......

Howard Barlow
08-15-2003, 5:18 PM
Well, Terry, you know...
You could have done a little more research and gotten a more accurate count. What about the dynamics of the issue if there are more old Ponders on the critiquers' list than Oakers? Would that skew the results? Would it come out the same if there were more Oakers?

I wonder if they had just left Wood Central, or WoodCentral, as the case may be, would the responses have been the same?

Anyway, is a post about posts about lightbulbs, or light bulbs, or lamps, as the case may be, as relevent to a ww'ing board as, say maybe, ummm....What about Ladder safety while changing a bulb/lamp?

I betcha didn't think about that, did you?

Anyway, if there was adequate lighting in the shop, would you have had to stop and change the single bulb/lamp?

But then, it does cross my mind that the bulb/lamp could have been in a table lamp, or tablelamp, as the case may be, instead of a ceiling fixture.

In that case, a ladder would not have been necessary. Oh well...

Nevermind. Disregard this post.

Kevin Gerstenecker
08-15-2003, 5:37 PM
Good Stuff there Terry! Actually............it is LAMP! :D

Why did the Chicken Cross the Road?

To prove to the Opossum that is COULD be done! ;)

Man...............I need to get to the Shop! :p

Jason Roehl
08-15-2003, 8:23 PM
Posted by Kevin Gersty - Today at 4:37 PMGood Stuff there Terry! Actually............it is LAMP!

To prove to the Opossum that is COULD be done!

Man...............I need to get to the Shop!

Posted by Howard Barlow - Today at 4:18 PM Well, Terry, you know...
You could have done a little more research and gotten a more accurate count. What about the dynamics of the issue if there are more old Ponders on the critiquers' list than Oakers? Would that skew the results? Would it come out the same if there were more Oakers?

I wonder if they had just left Wood Central, or WoodCentral, as the case may be, would the responses have been the same?

Anyway, is a post about posts about lightbulbs, or light bulbs, or lamps, as the case may be, as relevent to a ww'ing board as, say maybe, ummm....What about Ladder safety while changing a bulb/lamp?

Anyway, if there was adequate lighting in the shop, would you have had to stop and change the single bulb/lamp?

But then, it does cross my mind that the bulb/lamp could have been in a table lamp, or tablelamp, as the case may be, instead of a ceiling fixture.

Posted by Rob Overton - Today at 10:06 AM Terry, You and I have too much time on our hands: You for posting this and me for reading it .......

Posted by Terry Hatfield - Today at 8:21 AM I saw this on another forum and just had to share it here. It is just toooo true......

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum.

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

Quote:
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Hahahaha! Me too.

Terry Hatfield
08-15-2003, 8:54 PM
Jason,

Now how did I know that you would be the one to do that??? :confused: heheheheehehe

You figured out a way to get down here for the big bbq????

Terry

Howard Barlow
08-16-2003, 1:47 AM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Kevin Gersty - Today at 4:37 PMGood Stuff there Terry! Actually............it is LAMP!

To prove to the Opossum that is COULD be done!

Man...............I need to get to the Shop!

Posted by Howard Barlow - Today at 4:18 PM Well, Terry, you know...

Posted by Rob Overton - Today at 10:06 AM Terry, You and I have too much time on our hands: You for posting this and me for reading it .......

Posted by Terry Hatfield - Today at 8:21 AM I saw this on another forum and just had to share it here. It is just toooo true......

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hahahaha! Me too.

"Life is more fun if you are easily amused." --me

OH!!!! Now I get it! He had the red one already! Duh, what a dummy I am.

Terry Hatfield
08-16-2003, 1:57 AM
Howard,

It took me like 5 minutes to get rid of all that so I could post this little giggle in peace. :D

heheheheheehehhehe

Terry

Dennis Peacock
08-16-2003, 8:41 AM
I think you ALL have way too much time on your hands..!!! :)

Have a great day today......Dennis who's been up for 25 hours and counting.

Howard Barlow
08-19-2003, 12:51 AM
I think you ALL have way too much time on your hands..!!! :)

Have a great day today......Dennis who's been up for 25 hours and counting.

Time is money. Where do I make the exchange?