PDA

View Full Version : Attention all delta 50-850 dust collection owners????

Josh Goldsmith
03-29-2006, 11:16 AM
Hello everyone! I finally got around to removing the 6x4x4 wye of my dust collection and noticed the 4" restrictor. I was getting ready to remove the restrictor when i did some research and read that some of the people said that if they remove the restrictor you take a chance of burning up the motor. Is that true? What could i do so i won't burn up the motor? I only run the dust collection maybe 1-2 hours a week if that. I am going to be running all 6" duct well for the main trunks. Thanks ahead of time!

Stephen Dixon
03-29-2006, 11:29 AM
If you ran your DC with no piping and no restrictor, you may cause an overload condition. If your dust collector is properly wired, and I have no reason to think that it isn't, then at most this should trip your running overcurrent device, not burn up the motor. If you install permanent piping thru your shop,then the addition line loss will take care of your restrictions, and no need to worry about the motor.

Steve

Josh Goldsmith
03-29-2006, 1:12 PM
Yes i am going to be installing permanant 6" ducting throughout my garage. So your saying that since i am runing permanant pipe that should take care of the restrictions. I am going to be using 6" spiral pipe, 5" spiral, and when i need to use a 90* then i am going to be using 2-3 of them to make the radius.

Brian Parker
03-29-2006, 2:32 PM
Josh,

I'm not too familiar with all of the DC methods as I am currently seeking a DC myself. My comment is for when you go to make a 90 degree turn. I would use two 45 deg elbows to make the turn. Yes it costs more and it makes the bend a bit wider but the point is to make it wider. A plumber and I were talking and he was talking about how its alot better to put two 45's in than on 90 because there isnt as sharp of a turn there is less chance of things getting stuck in there.

Like I said I'm not too familiar with how much waste is being sucked through those lines just thought that I would share it as some food for thought.