PDA

View Full Version : Porter-Cable US58 Upholstery Stapler

John Gregory
03-29-2006, 10:47 AM
Does anyone have one of these? I have a chance to buy a new one locally for $55. Right now we use a Stanly Electric stapler. Anyone have any experience with the PC US58? What beneft would we see from going from the standard electric stapler to the Porter Cable one?

Thanks
John

Steve Clardy
03-29-2006, 11:40 AM
I have one. Love it. Nice gun.
I also use it for putting up bat insulation.

Scott Coffelt
03-29-2006, 2:45 PM
Yep, Works great and I love it. Never a staple failure.

Michael Ballent
03-29-2006, 3:58 PM
What beneft would we see from going from the standard electric stapler to the Porter Cable one?

That cooling blast of air in your face ;)

John Gregory
03-29-2006, 3:58 PM
I read some reviews on Amazon. Seems the biggest complaint is that it did not come with a molded case. For $55 brand new, we are going to buy it.

Thanks for your comments

Steve Clardy
03-29-2006, 4:11 PM
I paid a little more than that for mine 2-3 years ago. Came with case.
One of the few guns I keep in a case, as its not used like my nailers.

Corey Pionk
03-29-2006, 8:23 PM
The porter cable Nailers are great so I think the stapler will be fine. I bought a Senco stapler locally and paid 130 bucks because I needed one right away to lay some underlayment in my house. The Senco is a piece of crap it constantly misfires and leaks every other shot. Now with my Porter cable finish and brad nailers I've never had a problem.

John Gregory
03-30-2006, 11:32 AM
The porter cable Nailers are great so I think the stapler will be fine. I bought a Senco stapler locally and paid 130 bucks because I needed one right away to lay some underlayment in my house. The Senco is a piece of crap it constantly misfires and leaks every other shot. Now with my Porter cable finish and brad nailers I've never had a problem.

I love the PC nailers too, I have the brad, fishish and pin nailers. I have a narrow crown (1/4") from Harbor freight that I don't use much. but for the high use nailers, PC is great.