PDA

View Full Version : Show me your Lathe Stuff storage

Jeff Horton
03-29-2006, 10:23 AM
OK, I need some ideas. My lathes have to be moved across the shop (again) and I want to think about storage for the tools, chuck, jaws and all the the other Sundries that end up in the pile. So show me your storage ideas!

These photos show my current set up. When I move them I want to keep them like this. The stand in the back holds my Bowl lathe. I left an area where I could have a table top to work off of. Probem is it collects all the tools and I end up with no work space as I had planned.

The storage underneath is great, but you have to stoop down. So items that are used much like face plates and jaws on end up there. I need ideas for the items that you use often, turing tools, sand paper, chuck key. centers etc. So show me some ideas!

PS I just swept up yesterday before everyone tells me it is too clean. There is a garbage can full of walnut, cedar and pecan shavings sitting there. It had gotten to the point I couldn't stand it. Besides my back was killing me having to stoop over to turn. :rolleyes:

Kurt Forbes
03-29-2006, 12:15 PM
picture a igloo cooler in the ground now dump everything in it. Got that? ok now you can picture my storage :)

John Hart
03-29-2006, 7:22 PM
heh heh heh....No way Jeff!!!:D

I'm not breaking my camera on this pig sty!!!!!

Frank Parker
03-29-2006, 9:54 PM
This is what I made, my company salvaged a job a couple of years ago and we wound up with a couple thousand feet of alunimum conduit of differant sizes.
So I cut several pieces 6" and 8" long and welded them to a flat piece of alunimum plate put a back on it and mounted it to a cheap roll around tool box it works great for me and it mobile.
Frank

Andy Hoyt
03-29-2006, 11:21 PM
Here's my setup - cramped as it is and stuck in a corner.

But two steps and I can get at everything.