PDA

View Full Version : Shop construction postponed for new deck

Marty Walsh
03-29-2006, 8:53 AM
As I indicated in another thread this morning, I was supposed to be breaking ground on my new shop. LOML and I decided that it would be nice to have a spa for me to relax in after a long day of construction. (What a gal...:D )

So, the shop was put on hold for a week while we went from this:

To this:

We're picking up Ivy Geranium to put in the flower boxes on the top of the privacy fence today. The spa gets delivered tomorrow, and then I can get back to concentrating on the shop.

- Marty -

Kyle Kraft
03-29-2006, 9:05 AM
Marty,

That's a nice lookin' deck ya got there!! Good Job!!

Kelly C. Hanna
03-29-2006, 10:20 AM
Very nicely done Marty!! Looks like a pro built it. Sure do like the trees in the view.

Marty Walsh
03-29-2006, 10:58 AM
Very nicely done Marty!! Looks like a pro built it. Sure do like the trees in the view.

Kelly,

Coming from you, I'm quite flattered! :o

It was certainly a challenge, especially since I was working alone! I could have used an extra pair or two of strong hands hauling and positioning the 16' 2x12's!!

Here's a picture with the flower boxes in place. As of this morning, all construction on the deck is complete. All that's left is staining, flowers for the pots, and the spa!

Kelly, those trees are a small section of our acres of planted southern pines. You should hear them howl in the wind...:eek:

Thanks again for the kind words...
- Marty -

Marty Walsh
04-01-2006, 4:55 PM
Well, aside from staining which I have to wait a while to do, I declare my new deck done...
...and after last night, it's been properly 'broken in'!!! ;)

Thanks for looking...
- Marty -

Frank Chaffee
04-01-2006, 6:34 PM
...and after last night, it's been properly 'broken in'!!! ;)
Thanks for looking...
- Marty -
Congrats Marty! … but do we really want to hear this?
Frank

Kelly C. Hanna
04-01-2006, 6:40 PM
I can't wait to get a spa out on my deck! Looks good...really good!!!

Jerry Olexa
04-01-2006, 6:43 PM
Marty, very nice job....Looks good and I love your setting in the Pines..

Thomas Walker
04-03-2006, 9:47 AM
Very nice. You must have put in some long days to get that done in a week.

But what's the privacy screen for -- so the deer hiding in the woods can't see you?

Pool, spa, new shop? I'd say you do have a good wife to encourage you get all those toys.

Marty Walsh
04-03-2006, 12:06 PM
Very nice. You must have put in some long days to get that done in a week.

But what's the privacy screen for -- so the deer hiding in the woods can't see you?

Pool, spa, new shop? I'd say you do have a good wife to encourage you get all those toys.

Thomas,

Thanks, there were a few long days indeed!

The privacy fence is for our neighbor who's about 5-7 acres away in that direction. The deer (and coyotes and boars and possums, etc.) don't hide. They come right up to the deck and house. We see evidence in the various footprints every morning!!

Oh, and it's not just LOML that encourages the toys/lifestyle. I worked too many years in the corporate world not to enjoy life now that I retired from it. LOML just adds to the pleasure ;) .

Thanks...
- Marty -