PDA

View Full Version : PC 890 series router recall

Greg Koch
03-29-2006, 1:38 AM
Couldn't find this posted before, but thought it might be of value. I found it while reviewing my RAS saw recall.

www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml06/06072.html

John M. Cioffi
03-29-2006, 7:04 AM
Greg,
What's up with a RAS recall?
Which one is it?
Thanks for the info.
John

Kent Fitzgerald
03-29-2006, 9:56 AM
http://radialarmsawrecall.com/

Ellen Benkin
03-29-2006, 12:32 PM
I think I posted a notice here when I received notice of the router recall from Amazon.com, which is where I bought the router. If you have one, call PC to find out if yours is in the recall and where to take/ship it for replacement. I was able to go to the PC/DeWalt/etc repair place and they just exchanged mine for a new router (after making me stand around for about 20 minutes). If you don't live close enough, you can ship yours to them and they will ship a new one back to you.

Rick Doyle
03-29-2006, 6:45 PM
....If you don't live close enough, you can ship yours to them and they will ship a new one back to you.

pretty much the same story for me. i took my router back to the local dealer and they shipped it to vancouver, b.c. for me. i got a nice shiny new one back in about a week - not too shabby!! actually i was kind of glad about the recall because i had dropped my router on a cement floor while attaching it to my router table. it seemed to work o.k., but i always wondered if i had done any damage to it. i've been much more careful with my new one.