PDA

View Full Version : The Horsey Hart vs Fitzgerald "Old Geezer's & Others Goblet Challenge"

Ken Fitzgerald
03-28-2006, 11:41 PM
Horsey Hart and I got into a shoving match and I hereby reissue my challenge with the following set of rules:

1. There aren't any rules except......you must turn your own goblet.

2. We will keep this contest open until the 15th of April 2006.

3. The winners shall be selected by voting membership of SMCer's.....not just contestants.

4. Entries are to be posted on the new thread that is titled "Old Geezers and Others Goblet Contest Entries.

5. Multiple entries from an individual turner are allowed....ie...you can enter more than once!

6. Contest is open immediately

That's it...........No holds barred.....except you must turn your own goblet!

So Mister Horsey Hart are you up to it? Let's get it on!

Corey Hallagan
03-28-2006, 11:47 PM
"Horsey Hart and I got into a shoving match "

So, that's how he hurt his back! Ken's been whooping on him. Come on Ken, pick on some one your own size.... and age :eek:

Corey

P.S. I think i will enter this contest myself.

Bernie Weishapl
03-28-2006, 11:48 PM
OH, OH John. Look who is getting pretty sassy or horsey in his old age. The Geezer has spoken.;) :p

Barry Stratton
03-28-2006, 11:51 PM
Excellent contest idea Ken!

Ken Fitzgerald
03-28-2006, 11:55 PM
Barry......are you seeing things?

Barry Stratton
03-29-2006, 12:14 AM
No, not me.....

Ken Fitzgerald
03-29-2006, 12:15 AM
Barry ....I just didn't want any unwarranted rumors floating around! Thanks for catching my error!

Andy Hoyt
03-29-2006, 12:23 AM
It just so happens that John Asleep-at-the-Wheel Bailey and Horsey Frick'nFrack Hart commisioned me (as in conned me) to produce a certain something out of a certain chunk of a certain kind of wood for a certain someone for a certain event which concluded at a certain time.

And I'm hereby assertin' that I just did the finish turning on it today and it's now suffering through the finishing process. And I'm certain that my assertion of it's kick-ass nature is gonna whoop you boys but good.

I think.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-29-2006, 12:50 AM
Talks cheap Bub! Photos .........or it won't happen!

Dave Fifield
03-29-2006, 3:05 AM
Am I allowed to spend more than 4.1 hours on this one?

David Fried
03-29-2006, 5:40 AM
Am I allowed to spend more than 4.1 hours on this one?

Yes, but no spikes!

Dave Fifield
03-29-2006, 6:45 AM
Yes, but no spikes!

Doh! There goes my first idea then.... :D

Would ya believe that I've never actually turned a goblet before - should be in for some fun. :)

Goblet == small turkey, right?

Dave Fifield

John Hart
03-29-2006, 6:55 AM
You think I'm afraid of you Mr. Fitzgerald? Hah! I say. No...better yet....Double Hah! Hah Hah!!:p

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
03-29-2006, 6:56 AM
I got glue blocks, so I'm in on this one!!

Horsey Hart.... or was that Hoarsy Hart...? :D:D

John Hart
03-29-2006, 7:00 AM
..Horsey Hart.... or was that Hoarsy Hart...? :D:D

(cough cough)Where's my lacquer? (hic) :o :)

Raymond Overman
03-29-2006, 7:36 AM
Is the definition of goblet something you drink ale or wine from? Can we include shot glasses in that? How about a ladel? Or maybe as a reminder of college days, a funnel? Anybody up for a game of quarters?

I haven't had time to participate in any of the contests so far but I think I can work a couple of goblets into my schedule over the next couple of weeks.

Oh, that is if the geezers will let a young fella like me play.

John Hart
03-29-2006, 7:41 AM
Is the definition of goblet something you drink ale or wine from? Can we include shot glasses in that? How about a ladel? Or maybe as a reminder of college days, a funnel? Anybody up for a game of quarters?

I haven't had time to participate in any of the contests so far but I think I can work a couple of goblets into my schedule over the next couple of weeks.

Oh, that is if the geezers will let a young fella like me play.

Oh Geez...If you're going back to college days....You can turn a trash can or a 55 gallon drum!!!:eek: :)

I think your receding hairline gets you into the geezer category Raymond...Face it...you're old!:)

Raymond Overman
03-29-2006, 7:46 AM
Oh Geez...If you're going back to college days....You can turn a trash can or a 55 gallon drum!!!:eek: :)

I think your receding hairline gets you into the geezer category Raymond...Face it...you're old!:)

My folically challenged head is just a result of experience and being rode hard and put away wet John. It doesn't have anything to do with me be old. I've still got at least 60 more years to master this turning thing! :)

Ken Fitzgerald
03-29-2006, 8:43 AM
Raymond....Just post a photo of your goblet and we'll let you know if 60 more years is enough time to master turning!:eek: :D