PDA

View Full Version : Last weeks' Extreme Makeover Home Edition

Roy Wall
03-28-2006, 11:08 PM
I only caught the last 10 minutes of the show - right after they move the bus and allow the family to see the new digs....

Anyhow, a family with 3 kids and the father has some form of cancer. The wife took up a catering business 15 years ago. The original home was tiny with tiny kitchen - it was amazing what she could do with it.

Well, they totally decked out the whole house - high tech, etc. The wife got a terrific kitchen AND also another Kitchen area specifically for her catering business.

Now the ending - the Father always wanted a wood shop. This was Ty's "secret project" (he always has one) and a separate "shed" was built and totally filled with the entire Craftsman Line of Woodworking tools. The new hybrid saw (22124 ?) that many creekers her have - along with lots of other stationary equipment and hand power tools.

Pretty cool if I say so myself.

Like I said - I only saw the last 10 minutes, but got emotional as usual in celebrating the good deeds done for these families that have gone through sooo much. Lots of love and good friends. I'm always proud of Sears to sponsor this program.

Russ Filtz
03-29-2006, 7:16 AM
What you missed was the father is a cabinet maker and even while he was on chemo, he decided to organize a mini-home makeover for some neighbors that needed it. He built some new kitchen cabinets for them while sick. It was the neighbors that pushed to nominate him for the big makeover.

Jim Becker
03-29-2006, 10:02 AM
They're completing the Philadelphia project "today"...literally. The family gets to move in sometime between 1 and 6 pm.

Roy Wall
03-29-2006, 12:45 PM
What you missed was the father is a cabinet maker and even while he was on chemo, he decided to organize a mini-home makeover for some neighbors that needed it. He built some new kitchen cabinets for them while sick. It was the neighbors that pushed to nominate him for the big makeover.

Ahhh,

It was mentioned how generous this family was even during their own ongoing trials....... always helping others - Good stuff!

Thanks for the story!