PDA

View Full Version : What An Idiot! ....

Corey Hallagan
03-28-2006, 7:49 PM
I ordred the little 4 jaw chuck from Grizzly ( the one Mr. Hart uses) and in typical Grizzly fashion it arrived within 2 days of the phone order. Here is what sucks, i ordered the wrong one!! DOHH! I hit the button for the 1 1/2 X 8 tpi. Dangit it!! Now I got to go thru all that sending back .... aaaahhhh what an idiot! :o

Corey

John, while I am at it, I don't get what the secret would be to holding something within the chuck jaws lke you said you discovered. PM me when you are up to it if you would.

Don Baer
03-28-2006, 7:53 PM
Hey accidents happen.

Bill Grumbine
03-28-2006, 7:59 PM
Or, you could buy a bigger lathe! I get a lot of guys who purposely turn bowls here that are too big for their lathe at home so they can tell SWMBO that they need a bigger lathe to finish the bowl. ;)

Bill

Corey Hallagan
03-28-2006, 8:02 PM
Thanks Bill, you really want me to get my @$$ kicked don't you! :)

Corey

Jim Dunn
03-28-2006, 8:10 PM
John, while I am at it, I don't get what the secret would be to holding something within the chuck jaws lke you said you discovered. PM me when you are up to it if you would.

Foul Foul Foul I call Foul No secrets here, huh private messages on chuck tricks. And John just outa traction sheeeshss:eek: Next he'll want private messages on horse taking care offness.

Pat Salter
03-28-2006, 8:14 PM
.... aaaahhhh what an idiot! :o

corey, quit bragging~:D

Corey Hallagan
03-28-2006, 8:48 PM
Jim it isn't a secret secret. It is particular to this chuck and has to do with turning the spigot so that items won't go airborne on this chuck, only it wasn't apparent to me. That's all..... :)

Corey

Barry Stratton
03-28-2006, 8:48 PM
Or, you could buy a bigger lathe! I get a lot of guys who purposely turn bowls here that are too big for their lathe at home so they can tell SWMBO that they need a bigger lathe to finish the bowl. ;)

Bill

I really, really, really like the way you think. I mean it, really. I will DO just that when we move next year...

Oh, and Corey, it could have been worse. you could have accidentally called the mustard company instead of Oneway....

Corey Hallagan
03-28-2006, 8:57 PM
Barry, I wish it was Oneway! It was green as in Grizzly :)... but's that ok, I have a problem with putting a chuck on Lit'l Red that costs more than he did! :)

Corey

John Hart
03-28-2006, 9:27 PM
Secret???? I don't know no secrets. I just have new discoveries that real turners already know!!!

Bernie Weishapl
03-28-2006, 11:28 PM
Corey join the crowd. We have all don't it one time or another. Yea you could tell the SWMBO you need a bigger lathe. You @$$ kicking would only hurt for a little while especially when you got that big old lathe turning. :D :D :D

Bill I think you are onto something there. Works for me. :p

Corey Hallagan
03-28-2006, 11:41 PM
Stop it Bernie, or she will come to Goodland and whoop on your's as well ( say that 3 times fast :D) For now I am happy with my lathe, I am not quite as advanced as you budding pros :) You can't even say Newbie and Bernie W in the same sentence any more! That's the truth!

Corey

Bernie Weishapl
03-28-2006, 11:46 PM
If she does Corey I am heading for the concrete bomb shelter.:eek: :eek: Thanks Corey but compared to most of these guys I am just a budding rookie.