PDA

View Full Version : To My Friends up North .....

Ken Wright
02-21-2003, 5:06 PM
I know you folks have had a tough time with the weather over the past couple of weeks ... but keep the faith ... Spring's coming. The Tulip trees and daffodils are blooming and it was 76* here today. First time in 3 months I didn't have to wear the sweatshirt.

Spring comes with a big price sometimes .. I just hope this front we're getting tomorrow is just wind and rain.

George Meadows
02-21-2003, 5:12 PM
Yep, the dogwoods, azaleas, camillas are all blooming. But spring won't be here until you see the pecan trees starting to bloom.

Ken Wright
02-21-2003, 5:18 PM
Pecan trees don't put on leaves until July 5!!!!

Lee Schierer
02-21-2003, 8:08 PM
we've only had two days recently above freezing and we still have over a foot of white stuff on teh yard. More is forecast for thiswekend. Could you at least post a picture of the azaleas so we can see what they look like. :D

Doug Edwards
02-21-2003, 8:40 PM
I have to go back to Massena NY next week. :( It's warming up. Its getting up to -19 for the low.:eek:

Howard Rosenberg
02-22-2003, 1:47 AM
All I wanna do is be able to glue things in the garage. After having to call it quits every November, I'm getting cranky - WARM UP! Did you hear that, weather? WARM UP! Howard;) ;)

Dave Hammelef
02-22-2003, 9:16 AM
Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow

PeterTorresani
02-22-2003, 5:47 PM
I don't mind the cold. Or should I say I didn't mind the cold. Before my recent move, I had a 26X30 heated shop. Now I've got all my tools, along with unpacked boxes and yard equipment, in the third stall of an unheated garage.:( Hopefully, in summer '04 I will get a 30X30 built at the new house.:D

Man, I can't wait until it warms up.

Until then, I will learn to work in mittens.:)