PDA

View Full Version : Irwin Clamp/HD Deal

Dave Richards
03-28-2006, 11:53 AM
Back at Christmas time HD and Irwin had a buy one get one free Quick Grip clamp deal. Has anyone received their free clamp(s) yet?

My coworker bought a clamp and sent in his paperwork for one back in December and still hasn't received his clamp. He called HD customer service who, after about 15 minutes told him to call Irwin. He called Irwin and they told him that the response was so much bigger than they expected and they still haven't been able to restock the clamps. Seems kind of fishy since I've been into both the local HD and also Menard's and have seen lots the clamps available for sale.

We've decided that Irwin probably hoped folks would forget about the free clamps and go away.

If you want to call and check on your clamps the number is 1-800 GO IRWIN. You might want to see if they at least have your name on record.

By the way, does anyone from Irwin happen to read the Creek?

Adrian Rogers
03-28-2006, 12:08 PM
I didn't get that deal, but I did buy the one that had a free 1 year subscription to FWW and I did get my magazine. That was about a year ago I guess because I'm getting a notice that it's time to renew now.

-Adrian

Brian Parker
03-28-2006, 12:57 PM
Humm I forgot that I put in for that. On a side note one of my 12" quick grip spreaders wouldn't hold. I e-mailed customer service and the next day they sent me a new one free of charge no questions asked. The thing is that they didn't even want the old one back. Oh well, but I can say that customer service experience was great! I'll have to call and check on that offer.

Christopher Stahl
03-28-2006, 3:27 PM
Just like Adrian, I was in on the FWW deal. I started receiving the subscription shortly after.

chris

Bob Johnson2
03-28-2006, 4:19 PM
I got my "free" clamps in roughly 2 weeks.

Brian Parker
03-28-2006, 5:27 PM
Ok I got another great Irwin customer service story now :D I just called Irwin asking about my rebate and after I told the rep aproximately when I sent in the rebate she checked but didn't find it and then I had her check the one that I sent in under my neighbors name since I sent them both in on the same date. Neither were showing up on her records but she still sent them to me since I had the UPC codes. Irwin gets an A+ in customer service in my book.

Todd Davidson
03-28-2006, 6:37 PM
I got in on both Irwin deals. Received my sub to FWW about a year ago and about a week or so ago received my free pair of Quick Grip clamps. For some reason Irwin also sent me a pack of their new utility knife blades. Although I'm not particularly fond of Quick Grips their promos are top notch.

Randy Looney
03-28-2006, 9:30 PM
I got in on the buy one get one free deal and sent mine off. I received my clamp about 1.5 months later. The first one I bought got where it would not hold so I took it back to HD and they exchanged it for me no questions asked. No complaints from me.