PDA

View Full Version : LAST Weekend's Weekend Accomplishment

Fred Voorhees
03-27-2006, 6:50 PM
I noted in my Weekend Accomplishment post last week, that my Brother had come up to enlist my help in fabricating three screen panels that would be knock down units that would bolt together to fit in a customer's garage bay opening for Summer use. While down his house this past weekend, he took me to get a look at the installed units. The pictures with the units installed are shown with the garage door in the closed position. I have to say, he did a bang up job on them. It took a lot of pre-planning in getting all of the measurments down on paper so that it took as little time for us to build them in the shop. A great little project that we whipped out together.

Fred Voorhees
03-27-2006, 6:54 PM
oops, hit a button to soon. Here are the pics

Pete Harbin
03-27-2006, 7:07 PM
That is a cool idea Fred! Nice!

Pete

Jim Becker
03-27-2006, 8:58 PM
Very clever idea, Fred. Down in Florida where the 'rents live, a great many folks buy sliding screen panels for their garage doors. I think your solution is a bit more elegant in many respects!

Ron Wright
03-28-2006, 11:00 AM
Fred,
This looks great. I would like to see more details of the features. How is it held in place? I would be interested in making one of these sides up for my place.