PDA

View Full Version : VBulletin Question

Bruce Page
03-27-2006, 2:50 PM
Is there an option with the VBulletin software that would allow you to view “New Posts” by forum? I think it would be great if I could click an icon and have each of the Design Forum, Turner’s Forum, Off Topic Forum, etc, arranged/grouped together. What do you guys & gals think?

Jerry Clark
03-27-2006, 5:25 PM
I vote for it also, but do not know if it is possible!:rolleyes:

Dennis Peacock
03-27-2006, 5:50 PM
Hummmmmm....I don't remember if it does or not. Aaron will need to answer this question for us.

Doug Shepard
03-27-2006, 6:47 PM
I like the idea, but not at the expense of losing the way the New Posts feature currently works. Part of it's usefulness is in seeing messages you'd otherwise miss by not going into the individual forums - something I rarely if ever do, unless I'm looking to start a new thread.

Bruce Page
03-27-2006, 8:41 PM
Doug, I wouldn’t want to change the “New Posts” feature either but grouping the new posts would make reading the forums much easier to read. With so many new members posting, often times there will be 125+ new posts when I get home from work. With a “grouping” feature, I could quickly go to the posts that interest me the most without having to sift through every post.

Ken Garlock
03-28-2006, 10:46 AM
I would like to see the ability to lock out a specific forum. There is at least one forum that I have absolutely no interest in, and it "junks up" the list of new posts.

Ken Garlock
04-09-2006, 11:51 AM
I would like to see the ability to lock out a specific forum. There is at least one forum that I have absolutely no interest in, and it "junks up" the list of new posts.

Hello Arron, Keith, moderators and other people of power, including pertinent humanoids of XX and XY chromosomes.

Is there any hope in getting a forum specific lock out option implemented or turned on. I have received a PM from another member that said he would like to lock out at least two forums. I suspect there is an underlying undiscovered need for this option. The option would also reduce bandwidth requirements a modest amount.

A simple implementation date would be adequate.:cool:

Lee DeRaud
04-13-2006, 12:41 PM
I'd like to weigh in with another vote for the "forum lock". There are threads on certain forums that I really don't need to see, given the potential for raising my blood pressure.

Aaron Koehl
04-13-2006, 3:46 PM
Currently that feature is unavailable in vBulletin, but I think it's something they should want to add in future releases.

tod evans
04-13-2006, 3:48 PM
I'd like to weigh in with another vote for the "forum lock". There are threads on certain forums that I really don't need to see, given the potential for raising my blood pressure.

yeah right lee!:rolleyes: