PDA

View Full Version : My manliness is slipping away

Tom Jones III
03-27-2006, 11:43 AM
I thought I was doing a good thing. I took a chainsaw to a mesquite tree and cut off a limb. I hacked it into bowl blanks. So far all very masculine. There was even a fair amount of blood spilled. Next, I turned a very manly NE bowl. After all NE is rough and rough must be manly. My first try knocked off a large chunk of bark but my second try worked out pretty well. I was grunting and scratching over my manly triumph. Then LOML said she wanted the bowl. The hooting and grunting reached a fever pitch as a beautiful female expressed approval of the manly man. Little did I know what would await me when I returned home from work the next day. SHE has done this and SHE alone is responsible for my fall from manliness. Let this be a warning lest you too should fall prey.

Greg Tatum
03-27-2006, 11:50 AM
Just a thought...since there isn't any pink or actual ribbons, I think you're okay...I think.

oh yhea, place a golfball on the rough and then go turn a little club to go with it....that should save ya:D

Kurt Forbes
03-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Are those your stones there in the back of that basket? Looks like she cut them off and used them for decoration.

Good looking "bowl"

Tyler Howell
03-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Yeah!! You're right.
But a thong will keep you from slipping any further.

Frank Chaffee
03-27-2006, 1:24 PM
Tom,
Very nice bowl, it looks like you and your wife have teamed up well together.
As for your self-perceived fall from manliness, don’t sweat it dude, as every vessel must undergo a similar transformation if it is to become whole.
Frank

Andy Hoyt
03-27-2006, 1:32 PM
At least she didn't paint the thing - which is what mine does whenever she thinks she'll get away with it.

Tom Jones III
03-27-2006, 1:39 PM
Paint! Truely a fate worse than death.
Tyler ... I don't know what to say.

The ellipsoids are birds eggs that she found around our neighborhood during her daily run. I think they are dove, blue jay and mockingbird. In fact, all of the decorations either came out of her garden or were found around our neighborhood.

Keith Burns
03-27-2006, 2:22 PM
Tom, that is HORRIBLE:D :D For you to allow that to happen.......Where was you Bonker, anyway. It is the perfect time to see how it works:D

Mark Cothren
03-27-2006, 3:19 PM
Tom, that is sick. I can't believe you would let your wife defile a fine bowl like that (yes, my wife has done the same type of thing with mine)....:D

That's a nice bowl and if your wife likes it - and how she is using it - then you should LOVE it!!!

Thanks for the pictures!

Jim Stoppleworth
03-27-2006, 4:15 PM
Pardon my ignorance but what is a NE bowl?

Jim

Jim Dunn
03-27-2006, 4:18 PM
Natural edge Jim. Or in this case "Naturally Elegant" I like what she did. And yes I check and still have my stones, as old as they are!

Ed Scolforo
03-27-2006, 5:30 PM
Hate to say it, but it actually looks good like that! :D

Glenn Hodges
03-27-2006, 5:33 PM
Tom, you are going to have to let it slide being this close to Easter and all. Nice looking mesquite NE.

Kurt Rosenzweig
03-27-2006, 5:48 PM
Kurt! Your a dog! I can't beleive you said that..........................

Before I did! LOL!!!!!

Dennis Peacock
03-27-2006, 5:57 PM
Lesson learned....never put all your eggs in one basket. :rolleyes: :p :D

Bernie Weishapl
03-27-2006, 6:20 PM
No pink or no paint Tom so I think you are ok.

Michael Stafford
03-27-2006, 7:20 PM
Tom, maybe it is not too late. Run, do not walk to the video store and check out all the "The Man Show" videos you can find. Watch them non-stop for at least 24 hours, eat lots of chips, chili, hot dogs and steak, drink plenty of adult beverages, pass gas frequently. In probably a day or so you will be returned to your old manly self. Oh, yeah, grunt once in a while.....

Men, don't let what happened to Tom happen to you......My wife told me to put that part in.....:(

George Conklin
03-27-2006, 7:36 PM
I'm confident in my masculinity to be able to tell you that that looks great. Your spouse has a good eye and a talent herself.

I'd like to carry on this conversation but, I'm late for my scrapbooking party.

Matt Meiser
03-27-2006, 7:50 PM
I'm just glad to see that this thread doesn't have anything to do with Ken Fitzgerald's mattress testing thread. (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=33645)

Very nice bowl.

Ernie Nyvall
03-28-2006, 7:25 PM
Tom, tell me you did NOT pick it up by the handle. If so, you may need two or three doses of Mike's treatment.

Oh, your wife did.. uh... drain the eggs I hope. Could get real nasty or does she have you sitting on them for hatching:p .

By the way... very nice bowl and decoration.

Ernie

Cecil Arnold
03-29-2006, 12:24 AM
Tom, the only word that comes to mind is SWEET. Nice collaboration on the bowls.

Jim Dunn
03-30-2006, 8:19 AM
Wanted to bump it to show my wife. I really don't have anything else to say as I going to ask her to read this and I have the right to remain silent lest I incriminate myself.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
07-31-2006, 10:38 AM
Well, I got the twin to the blank there in the mail today from Tom, and I can assure you this will not happen to any bowl I make, number one, my wife don't have a garden :D

Sure looks like a nice chunk of wood, but I got to wait until next week before my eyes recover.......

....from the LASIKs!! :D

Ken Fitzgerald
07-31-2006, 10:46 AM
A little Lasiks Stu! Turning is a lot more fun and speedy when you don't have to do it by touch!

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
07-31-2006, 10:56 AM
Ya, I'm please, I should come out with about a 20/10, which is good!

I've had one problem with some gunk under one of the flaps today, that was fun going back under the knife to get the gunk "Scraped" out... :eek:..... TWICE..... :eek::eek::eek::eek: :(

Oh well, back in tomorrow for another check up, I sure hope I don't have to have another scrape job done..... (where is the icon for "ouch that hurts, I'll just cry quietly in the corner" ....) :D

Wm Myers
07-31-2006, 12:08 PM
I wrote the book on GuyRules. I think you'll be ok because you just banking points with the wife. If you made that for yourself then my gaydar would prolly be on alert status red right now. Nice job too, it's cute... :)WP

Tom Sherman
07-31-2006, 2:50 PM
Tom, I have to admit that is a nice looking bowl and you did a great job with it... but you must remember rule number one....Mama is always right.;)

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
08-01-2006, 2:42 AM
Tom, the bowl looks lovely, and manliness or no, that's a very artfully done basket.

Hmm... I still have a few shirts worth of fabric I need to lay out, cut, and sew... :)