PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit

Eddie Watkins
03-27-2006, 11:32 AM
I had a nice visit with Ned Bulken this weekend. Ned is in Oklahoma going to some training and was able to get free for a while Saturday. We took in the OKC Bombing Memorial. If you ever get the chance it is worth the trip.
My Dad passed away last week and my family was in town and I introduced Ned to them. It turns out that he works for a guy that grew up with my brother-in-law in Nebraska. It is sure a small world.

Eddie

Vaughn McMillan
03-27-2006, 6:58 PM
Eddie, very sorry to hear about your dad. Your family will be in my thoughts.

- Vaughn

Eddie Watkins
03-28-2006, 9:07 AM
Thank you, Vaughn. My Dad was my hero. I hope to live as good a life.

Eddie

John Miliunas
03-28-2006, 10:14 AM
Eddie, glad you had a nice visit with Ned. Creeker visits are always a "good thing"! At the same time, please, accept my condolences. Sounds like your Dad was a good and honorable man. I'm sure he's missed but, hang on to the good times and all will be well. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Eddie Watkins
03-29-2006, 11:00 PM
Thank you, John. Your kind words and prayers are appreciated. My Dad was at church the night his problems started (and everytime the doors opened) so I know he is well taken care of. That gives my family some peace.

Thanks, Eddie

Ned Bulken
04-01-2006, 7:14 PM
I only just got home from OK early this morning (detroit weather was "FUN" last night).
Eddie, thanks again for a great afternoon. It sure made my trip to OK special. I look forward to any time you're here in the Syracuse area, the door to my shop will be open (if you come after June... don't think the barn will be raised much before then). I am especially grateful given your recent loss, that you could make time for a visit. I understand that it was a 'break' for you, but it still meant a lot to me knowing what you had been through the prior week.
The OKC memorial was impressive, and I'd love to bring my fiance' and the kids to see it sometime.

Oh, and who can forget the trip to woodcraft. I could have spent a LOT of money in there. :D I was good though, and kept my wallet in my pocket. ROad trip to Rochester will have to be on my to do list sometime after the shop goes up. He he he .