PDA

View Full Version : I'm a broken man

John Hart
03-27-2006, 8:47 AM
Can't type (ouch!)
Hurt my back and neck yesterday (ouch!)
I can read but can't type (ouch!)
On drugs...heating pad...

Not looking for sympathy...just thought I'd let you know. I have to stand, all hunched over to type. Gonna hafta stay away from the keyboard for a day or two I think. (ouch!) grrrr:mad:

Mike Ramsey
03-27-2006, 8:53 AM
Yeah Right! Tomorrow I'll come here to find you've posted 37 & 1/2
turnings overnight! Hope you get better soon John!

David Fried
03-27-2006, 8:54 AM
Not looking for sympathy...

Dang good thing, too :D Tough gitten old :eek:

You need to stop trying to lift those horseys up! ;)

Well, take it easy and get well soon. Really.
(lay down and watch the Woodworking channel!!)

Dave Fried

Mark Singer
03-27-2006, 8:55 AM
John, sorry your feeling bad....
now the real question if you have any pills left over can you send them my way:confused:

Gary Max
03-27-2006, 8:58 AM
To much Get-R-Done and not enought easy chair.
Hope you get feeling better.
I wasn't going to say anything about being old.

Robert Mickley
03-27-2006, 9:09 AM
I feel your pain, been there done that. A couple times. Take it easy and get well soon.

Andy Hoyt
03-27-2006, 9:11 AM
A guy will do anything to avoid doing his taxes. Sheesh!

Jim Dunn
03-27-2006, 9:12 AM
I wasn't going to say anything about being old.

But technically he did:eek::eek::p John hope your feeling better soon.

Jim Becker
03-27-2006, 9:18 AM
'Hope you're feeling better soon, John...and remember, chicken soup fixes everything. (Especially with a nice bottle or three of decent wine... :) ...but not with the drugs. ;) Pick one)

Glenn Clabo
03-27-2006, 9:26 AM
I know what you mean John. I replaced a wall oven this weekend and I'm thinking I need to go see the doc. Working from home today cuz I can only sit in one position for so long.

Old age is not for wimps!

John Miliunas
03-27-2006, 9:35 AM
Hah!!! Now you know what it feels like to be me ALL the time!!! :eek: But, there's still hope for you so, I really do hope you get better quickly!!! :) :cool:

Tyler Howell
03-27-2006, 9:42 AM
As my dear mother always says.
"Aging Ain't For Sissies."
Better living through chemicals;) .

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
03-27-2006, 10:06 AM
What, did the horse step on your foot, after it kicked you across the yard :D

Sucks, I know how you feel, I dropped something heavy on my foot, ouch! then it got infected, (stinks too) and now I got athlete's foot, have not had that since my high-school football days :D

I'm hobbling around something serious, but I did manage to stand in front of the lathe long enough to rough out my first bowl.

Buck up Mr. Hart, you can get way better drugs over there than I can here!

Cheers!

Paul Douglass
03-27-2006, 10:35 AM
Take it eazy for a little while, John. You'll be back in no time. The one thing I have enjoyed about getting old is my back doesn't give me fits like it did when I was younger. Coarse everything else hurts now but the back is fine!

Hope you feel better soon.

Frank Chaffee
03-27-2006, 1:51 PM
Ouch John,
And sorry to hear of your plight. Alternate cold packs with the heating pad; that will reduce swelling and lessen inflammation.
See a chiropractor!
Get well soon!
Frank

Keith Burns
03-27-2006, 2:18 PM
Major BUMMER John:( Thats what happens when you try to shoe horses by yourself.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-27-2006, 5:27 PM
John.........Sorry to hear about your problems! Get well soon! Somebody's got to feed the horsies!

Dennis Peacock
03-27-2006, 5:29 PM
You need to stop trying to lift those horseys up! ;)
Dave Fried

LOL!!!!!!! Took the words right out of my mouth!!!!:D

Michael Stafford
03-27-2006, 5:31 PM
You are supposed to ride the horsey's not let them ride you. Sorry you are less than 100% but all of us oldsters are always less than 100%. Get better soon....be careful about using too many drugs...they can make you null and void.:D

Pete Jordan
03-27-2006, 5:31 PM
Good Luck John!

Dip yourself in Advil

Pete

Bernie Weishapl
03-27-2006, 6:29 PM
Hope you get to feeling better soon John. Take it easy, rest and get well.

Steve Ash
03-27-2006, 7:13 PM
John, sorry to hear about your current condition. Hope you are on the mend real soon.

George Conklin
03-27-2006, 7:23 PM
;)

Well, take it easy and get well soon. Really.
(lay down and watch the Woodworking channel!!)

Dave Fried

There's a woodworking channel???????

David Fried
03-27-2006, 7:26 PM
There's a woodworking channel???????
See Dennis Peacock's post - http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=33604 - It has already sucked my brains out for several hours!

Dave Fried

Larry Klaaren
03-27-2006, 8:44 PM
John,

Hope you're feeling better soon. Let the girls take a turn at the lathe.

Larry

John Timberlake
03-27-2006, 8:47 PM
Must have been moving all the free wood. If you can stand, you can turn.

Bob Noles
03-27-2006, 9:45 PM
Dadgumit John.... what have ya went and done to yerself? Are ya ever gonna learn you're gettin too old for that kind of activity :D

Hurry up and get yourself up and running again..... we are gonna miss ya around here.... on the other hand with one less moderator around we could party more huh fellas?

Seriously... hope you get to feeling better immediately! That's an order :)

Dale Thompson
03-27-2006, 9:52 PM
Not looking for sympathy...just thought I'd let you know.

Hey John,
I've got two questions:
-How can a young, handsome, intelligent, generous, talented guy like you hurt yourself? :confused: You must have pulled something while carrying in a 900 lb. lathe for your 97 year-old neighbor lady. :cool:
- Why did you post this thread if you were NOT looking for sympathy? :confused: :)

If nothing else, you must feel a LOT better now after listening to all of the complaints of the aged wimps who posted previously. :D

Whatever, bud, don't laugh because I know that it hurts to laugh but you should have been through MY pain today. :( I was running my 30+ MPH RC Monster Truck on a three-acre, totally clear parking lot when suddenly an 8" telephone pole jumped up out of the asphalt and totally vaporized my right-front suspension system. :( :cool: Grief and pain are ALL relative. :) Calgon - Take me away!! :)

Dale T.

Corey Hallagan
03-27-2006, 9:59 PM
Ooohhh dude I feel your pain being a person with a bad back! I would find a way to type though :)

corey

Ernie Nyvall
03-27-2006, 10:11 PM
Sorry to hear about this John. A hurting back is no fun. Hope your back to it soon.

Ernie

doug webb
03-27-2006, 10:31 PM
Sorry you are hurting. But if all you can do is stand hunched over, you might as well turn something. Gonna hurt anyway, you might as well do something. At least, that is what MY wife tells me....hope you get better quick.

John Hart
03-28-2006, 6:37 AM
Thanks for all your kind words guys...Even you Dale!!;) :) Nope....wasn't lookin for sympathy...just knew that I wouldn't be able to answer questions or nuthin' without aggrevating this dang thing. But...the drugs worked and my intimate relationship with a couple of years of therapy came in handy too. So, I reckon I'm back in bidness today. I'll actually go to work! Woo Hoo!:(

I'll ship all my extra drugs to Mark Singer.....It's a shlamaca extract, laced with oregano...packed in a weed pot.;)