PDA

View Full Version : I can't view Pictures

Kevin Gerstenecker
08-14-2003, 6:26 AM
Help! This one has me stumped. Wednesday, we installed a Cable Modem and are now surfing the net using a high speed connection. To my knowledge, nothing else changed except we went from dial up to Cable Modem. Now, I cannot view the pictures that are posted in the threads. I can see the file name of the image that is there, but no picture. Can anyone please offer some suggestions as to what may be the problem here? We did some things with the McAfee Firewall and Security Software, so maybe that was it? Any ideas or help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance...............I am missing some new projects, and it is killin' me! :confused:

By the way, the Avatars are gone now also?

Dan McLaughlin
08-14-2003, 6:59 AM
Kevin

Check your firewall/security settings. I don't use McAfee but it sounds like you disabled graphics from being downloaded as well as Popups.

Noah Alkinburgh
08-14-2003, 8:12 AM
Kevin,

down at the bottom of the forum screen there is a little box called Forum Rules:

Look and see if the [IMG] code is On and not Off

Noah

Dan McLaughlin
08-14-2003, 8:14 AM
Kevin

Noah has a good thought and so a question - are you having a problem just with SMC or is it with any site on the web?

Noah Alkinburgh
08-14-2003, 8:16 AM
Noah has a good thought and so a question -

Dan, boy am I glad I have that in writing :D

Glen Smith
08-14-2003, 8:32 AM
Help! This one has me stumped. Wednesday, we installed a Cable Modem and are now surfing the net using a high speed connection. To my knowledge, nothing else changed except we went from dial up to Cable Modem. Now, I cannot view the pictures that are posted in the threads. I can see the file name of the image that is there, but no picture. Can anyone please offer some suggestions as to what may be the problem here? We did some things with the McAfee Firewall and Security Software, so maybe that was it? Any ideas or help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance...............I am missing some new projects, and it is killin' me! :confused:

By the way, the Avatars are gone now also?

My guess is you need to tweak your firewall settings. I had similar problems when I went to cable modem (ZOOM!) I installed Zone Alarm Pro. Whenever I have problems with something not working, my first step is to turn off the firewall. If that fixes it - I know that I need to tweak my firewall settings.

DON'T FORGET TO TURN IT BACK ON!

Glen Smith

Kevin Gerstenecker
08-14-2003, 5:35 PM
I turned off my Firewall protection, and the IMG code is on for Sawmill Creek, and still no images. This is the only site I have problems with. I will continue to check out the McAfee Security settings and see if there is something I need to tweak. I am new to McAfee, as I was using Norton. Maybe I can find the problem. It is the same, no images, whether I use my AOL browser or IE. Bummer not being able to see the photo's posted at the Creek..............I have to find the problem! :) Thanks for the info. and suggestions......if anyone has any more things to try, I am all ears.

Charles McKinley
08-15-2003, 10:12 PM
I cannot see the images either and I do not have a firewall.