PDA

View Full Version : posting pictures

George Kretschmann
03-26-2006, 7:35 PM
I seem to be having trouble posting pictures. What size are they suppose to be and what is the best method for posting upload or Url? thx gk

Vaughn McMillan
03-26-2006, 8:17 PM
George, the general preference is to upload the pics to the SMC servers, so they stay in the archives in case the remote URL goes away in the future. The picture size limit is 107MB, and it's recommended that you keep the physical size 800 pixels or smaller so folks with small monitors won't have to scroll.

If you're interested in a step-by-stpe walkthrough, there's a tutorial linked in this thread in the Support Forum:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=31106

HTH -

- Vaughn

George Kretschmann
03-26-2006, 8:29 PM
Thanks...I will read up on it...Thanks again George:)

Jerry Clark
03-27-2006, 9:18 AM
George, the general preference is to upload the pics to the SMC servers, so they stay in the archives in case the remote URL goes away in the future. The picture size limit is 107MB, and it's recommended that you keep the physical size 800 pixels or smaller so folks with small monitors won't have to scroll.

Vaughn the picture size should be max 107 KB-- :D If it was is MB that would be pretty big!:rolleyes:

Frank Chaffee
03-27-2006, 12:11 PM
The picture size limit is 107MB… Vaughn

Vaughn the picture size should be max 107 KB-- :D If it was is MB that would be pretty big!:rolleyes:
Good catch Jerry.
Is it any wonder that people don’t read the manual anymore?
Frank

Vaughn McMillan
03-27-2006, 6:54 PM
...Vaughn the picture size should be max 107 KB-- :D If it was is MB that would be pretty big!:rolleyes:
Aw, c'mon Jerry, what's a few megabytes amongst friends? Good catch. :o

Is it any wonder that people don’t read the manual anymore?
Frank
I know I sure don't read them if I can avoid it. (And I allegedly write the darned things for a living.) :D

And George, it's good to see you got the picture thing going on now. ;)

- Vaughn