PDA

View Full Version : I found this on the side of the road

Chris Barton
03-26-2006, 8:54 AM
I found this saw a couple of days ago on the side of the road. Is it any good?

PS: the "found" story is for my wife

Jim Becker
03-26-2006, 9:03 AM
By side of the road, you mean your front porch, right? :D Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

tod evans
03-26-2006, 9:07 AM
I found this saw a couple of days ago on the side of the road. Is it any good?

PS: the "found" story is for my wife

chris, rather than being called a scavenger, far better to send the offending road-kill to the ozarks where we know how to deal with such offending objects......
nice score! .02 tod

Tom Ruflin
03-26-2006, 9:07 AM
It's a sweet saw! I have both the rip and cross cut and love to use them. Santa found one of mine and the other one just showed up in my shop.

Bob Noles
03-26-2006, 9:25 AM
Chris,

Funny thing...... I went to my mailbox, which is on the side of the road, about a year ago and found one just like it. Wife said it probably fell out of some one's truck and I should list it in the lost and found classifieds :eek:

Nice score and you are going to love that little saw :)

Corvin Alstot
03-26-2006, 10:06 AM
I found this saw a couple of days ago on the side of the road. Is it any good? Chris/ That thing is a piece of garbage, probably thrown away by a frustrated cabinet maker.
Please send it to my house and I will dispose of it properly. Nice "buy"!

Alan DuBoff
03-26-2006, 2:57 PM
I found this saw a couple of days ago on the side of the road.I wonder if the previous owner replaced it with a Wenzloff & Son's saw...:D

Seriously, those are great saws.

Like any tool, it's more useful when you use it.;)

Have you used it for anything? Does it seem useful to you? Herein lies the answer to your question if it's any good.:)

Doug Shepard
03-26-2006, 3:06 PM
Nope. No good at all. You might be able to cut it up and get some half decent scrapers out of it though.;)

Michael Gibbons
03-28-2006, 12:07 PM
Probably a UPS driver run amok tossing everyones packages out the door while driving down the road. You were supposed to get the Super Mop for $19.95, but what luck, something from LN.:D

Don Orr
03-28-2006, 1:02 PM
Chris, thank you for finding my saw. I have been looking everywhere for it.;) Please send it back to its rightful owner ASAP.:D

Tom and his daughter were at our annual Woodworking Showcase this past weekend-real nice folks. Great tools as we all know. Wish I could afford some.:(

Nice gloat!

Happy sawing, Don

Cecil Arnold
03-28-2006, 4:33 PM
Chris, nice gloat BUT:

a fellow who collected guns used to bring all his finds home to show his wife. He would haul in a Holland and Holland double (maybe $5-6000 then) and say, "Look at the bargain I found today, only $150." The wife would do her usual uh ha and keep working in the kitchen. Another time he would bring in a Winchester Mod 21 and proclaim he had got it for "about $75 from some guy." One day (a Saturday) he was out with his hunting and fishing buddies and came home to find his wife ecstatic. Before he even asked, she said, "Oh baby, I decided to have a garage sale today and some nice man came along looking at your guns. Do you remember the one you paid $175 for, well he gave me $400 for it, and the one you only gave $75 for he was willing to give me $300."

You can take that for what it's worth.:) :) :D

Michael Gabbay
03-28-2006, 7:16 PM
Now that's what I call road kill!:D