PDA

View Full Version : Waiting in line----Gee's

Gary Max
03-25-2006, 8:09 PM
That's right---you get them started and then you have to wait for a turn.
You should of heard the wife----her lathe had the wrong jaws mounted and mine was just sitting there. So when SWMBO wasn't looking I went in to house and got the camera. Just wait till she sees the pics---hehehehe
Oh Margie (wife) is making bells---this one is Sycamore

Dale Thompson
03-25-2006, 10:24 PM
Gary,
You should NEVER have let Margie use that beautiful lathe in the FIRST place!! ;) :( Does brain damage run in your family or are you the ONLY one afflicted? :confused: :)

Give it up, MAN! Go in the house and grab the Windex, the Johnson's Floor Wax, a couple cans of Pledge, the container of Tide, a pile of clean sheets and pillow cases, a new bag for the vacuum cleaner, etc. etc. :eek: Need I say more? :cool:

I understand that there are "recreational drugs" available for LWS (Lathe Withdrawal Syndrome) but I haven't found any yet. ;) I'll let you know if I can be of further help - with the drugs - that is! Aside from that, your future is VERY bleak!! ;) Sorry! :)

Dale T.

Corey Hallagan
03-25-2006, 10:27 PM
Very cool Gary, good to see the other half working away, looks like great work too!

corey

Bernie Weishapl
03-25-2006, 10:28 PM
Naw Dale the only cure for that is to get another mustard machine. I don't see any way out for Gary now. It is either that or get your apron on and get that house in shape.:D :D :D

John Hart
03-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Personally, I think it's great. Look at it this way....You can get something else done. Sometimes I wish someone would use my lathe so I would do something else....like file my taxes!!:D

John Miliunas
03-25-2006, 11:07 PM
Well Gary, I sure do hope you like working on the wife's smaller lathe!!! :rolleyes: (Hey, beats the heck out of cleaning the house, don't it??? :D ) :) :cool:

Andy Hoyt
03-25-2006, 11:11 PM
.... Sometimes I wish someone would use my lathe so I would do something else....like file my taxes!!:D Paging Elise Hart! Pick up the white phone!

Dale Thompson
03-25-2006, 11:27 PM
Sometimes I wish someone would use my lathe so I would do something else....like file my taxes!!:D

John,
As a "chosen" member of one of those who occupy the high pinnacle of "Moderatorville", why not bring in a Brink's truck and let a member of your accounting "pool" deal with the length and weight of your evasive tax return -AGAIN? :confused: :cool: :) :) Just a thought! :eek: :)

Dale T.

John Hart
03-25-2006, 11:36 PM
John,
As a "chosen" member of one of those who occupy the high pinnacle of "Moderatorville", why not bring in a Brink's truck and let a member of your accounting "pool" deal with the length and weight of your evasive tax return -AGAIN? :confused: :cool: :) :) Just a thought! :eek: :)

Dale T.

I had to fire the Accounting Pool so I could afford more tools.:o There's gotta be a write-off there somewhere.;)

Oh Andy...Elise isn't allowed...er...isn't aloud to use the phone.:)

Andy Hoyt
03-25-2006, 11:44 PM
..... Oh Andy...Elise isn't allowed...er...isn't aloud to use the phone.:) Paging Elise Hart! Pick up a bonker - any bonker - and smack yo daddy. Then get to work on your next pen. Dad's gonna be busy for a spell and the Gray Lady is available.

Gary Max
03-26-2006, 4:49 AM
We are doing a show in a couple of weeks and I am trying to get my pen inventory built up. I have a Sherline 4500 mini that I make pens on. So it's good that Margie is turning on my big lathe. Maybe later this year I will get her a Mustard Machine of her own.
Oh Dale the house work just doesn't get done sometimes. It's just about time for the White Bass to start thier spring time run. Need to get the Gone Fishing sign ready to hang out.

Chris Barton
03-26-2006, 6:46 AM
Great pictures Gary. I suspect that at the Max household that the laws of physics are the same as at the Barton house, that is the wives know they are in MAXimum control...

Randy Moore
03-26-2006, 8:21 AM
Gary,

Leave your wife the keys to the shop or whatever you need to do to let herself into the shop:rolleyes: and you just go on to the lake and go fishing:D . I am just about to do the same thing in Kansas only for Largemouth Bass and Crappie:D :D :D :D :)

Randy

tod evans
03-26-2006, 8:28 AM
gary, this is the opportunity you`ve been waiting for.....now that your wife owns a mustard machine it`s time to look at the white tube-bellied monsters.....02 tod

Jim Becker
03-26-2006, 9:06 AM
The purple schmatta is the best! I want one!!! :D :D :D

Gary Max
03-26-2006, 10:07 AM
Randy--SWMBO is also my fishing buddie.
You should hear her if she catches more fish than I do---but that's a whole other story.

We like Mustard---customer service is just 150 miles south of me---which is a BIG plus to me.

Andy Hoyt
03-26-2006, 10:10 AM
.... We like Mustard---customer service is just 150 miles south of me---which is a BIG plus to me.

Yup. When you buy mustard you're gonna need to be close.

Sorry, Gary. Couldn't resist the urge.

Gary Max
03-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Yup. When you buy mustard you're gonna need to be close.

Sorry, Gary. Couldn't resist the urge.
And I do not have to call a different country or the other side of the planet for service.
Of course if I never used my lathe----couldn't resist---this would not be important.