PDA

View Full Version : The entertainment center is coming along...

Robert Mayer
03-25-2006, 7:37 PM
Its coming along nicely. I wont point out the mistakes...

Its all tiger maple with sucipira wood. The doors have a nice blue stained glass and ambrosia maple panel. I still need to put the trim at the top. The top is actually cork!

http://www.imagehostplus.com/v2/usr/158/9179ny_trip_7.1.05_004.jpg

http://www.imagehostplus.com/v2/usr/158/6914ny_trip_7.1.05_002.jpg

Brett Baldwin
03-26-2006, 12:58 AM
That's some serious figure in that maple. This is going to really pop once you get a finish on it. I hope you have a really big, fancy TV to put on it so that your family will take there eyes off the cabinet once in a while.

Jim Becker
03-26-2006, 8:59 AM
'Gonna be a beauty, Robert! The tiger maple is awesome and I really like the blue glass, too.

Jason Tuinstra
03-26-2006, 10:01 AM
Robert, very creative. The tiger maple is going to really pop once you get the finish on it. The cork is a nice idea. Have fun finishing it up.

David Eisenhauer
03-26-2006, 10:22 AM
What is sucipira? New one to me. What kind of chracteristics does it have for working, finishing? Expensive? The tiger looks real good and should be a knockout when the finish wets it up. Thanks for the photos,

David

Robert Mayer
03-26-2006, 10:45 AM
What is sucipira? New one to me. What kind of chracteristics does it have for working, finishing? Expensive? The tiger looks real good and should be a knockout when the finish wets it up. Thanks for the photos,

David

I bought it at a local sawmill that sells exotics really cheap. It was about $3 a board foot. He called it sucipira, but the local woodcraft that stocks it calls it kokori I think. The woodcraft sells it for $6 a bf. Its extremely heavy and will stain pretty dark. It machines nicely and doesnt burn at all or tearout.

Roy Wall
03-26-2006, 10:59 AM
Robert -

It's looking super!! Great work ...the finish will be the knockout!

Question: is the cork applied on top of a MDF subsrate?