PDA

View Full Version : New pens

kelly kolman
03-25-2006, 2:17 PM
Finally making my first post here at SMC, so i wanted to get some feedback from some of the recent pens and pencils I have turned.

Picture #1 contains the following (L - R):
*Birdseye Maple with Ebony
*Mahogany
*Cherry
*Corian

Picture #2 contains the following (L - R):
*Mahogany
*Ebony
*Lacewood - Rosewood - Birdseye Maple
*Walnut - Birdeye Maple - Ebony

I work at a cabinet shop where we build cabinets for luxury airplanes, so we get to work will all kinds of exotic woods and veneers. These are from a few of the scraps that were going to get thrown into the trash. Thanks for your comments!

Bob Noles
03-25-2006, 2:35 PM
Kelly,

Welcome to the creek and you came in right with the pictures. We love pictures in case you have not notieced :D

Those are some fantastic looking pens and you are so lucky to have a great soruce for wood.

Look forward to having you around and chatting with us.

Dennis Peacock
03-25-2006, 3:10 PM
Very nice pens Kelly!!!!! Welcome to SMC and congrats on your 1st post. Keep coming back. We like pictures!!!:D

Bernie Weishapl
03-25-2006, 3:12 PM
Great looking pens Kelly. Like the rest said we like pictures. Welcome to SMC. Lots of good people and lots of knowledge. Enjoy.

Andy Hoyt
03-25-2006, 3:35 PM
Glad to have you onboard Kelly. Welcome to this motley crew of village people, horse lovers, aviation ordnancemen, and spinsters young and old alike.

Pens look great. But only when I squint. Any chance of reposting them in a bigger size (about 600 x 450 pixels always works well).

Having spent many many hours flitting to and fro in luxury aircraft myself, I know the exotics of whence you speak. Nice place to be for a turner. Speaking of which, where are ya?

kelly kolman
03-25-2006, 3:59 PM
I am in Savannah, Ga and work for Precision Pattern, Inc. We do alot of work on Boeing Business Jets and Gulfstream jets which are produced here in Savannah.

Corey Hallagan
03-25-2006, 4:01 PM
Great looking pens Kelly and a hearty welcome to SMC! That Mahogany ones are my favorite.

Corey

John Hart
03-26-2006, 7:05 AM
Welcome Kelly! Pretty terrible position to be in.....Lathe...Unlimited scraps...exotics....Do you have some spray lacquer?? (hic):o :)

Curt Fuller
03-26-2006, 10:11 AM
Beautiful pens Kelly.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-26-2006, 10:13 AM
Great looking pens Kelly! Welcome to the Creek! Neat place to hang out and trade information!