PDA

View Full Version : Think that I am beginning to learn........

Gordon Achterhof
03-25-2006, 1:51 PM
The skew is slowly comming under control. Still have to learn to keep it sharp. This is a trial candle stick. Apprentice run.

Cheers
Gordon

Dennis Peacock
03-25-2006, 1:55 PM
Looks good and the Skew is one tool that takes patience and time to get a good grasp of it's use. Good work and congrats on picking up the grabbiest turning tool that I know of. ;)

Andy Hoyt
03-25-2006, 2:09 PM
That's great Gordon. You are indeed getting there.

Where are you getting to?

Right here - http://www.rudeosolnik.com/_borders/Tulipwood%20Candleholders.jpg

Bob Noles
03-25-2006, 2:39 PM
Hey Gordon..... great skew work. Like Dennis said, that is a tough tool to master, but were working on him :eek: :D :p

Ken Fitzgerald
03-25-2006, 2:49 PM
Great work Gordon! I was just in the shop playing with my skew. One thing I discovered watching one of the Sorby videos at Woodcraft was the guy pointing out the correct height your rest needs to be at. I still need more practice! Keep up the good work!

Bernie Weishapl
03-25-2006, 3:10 PM
Keep it up Gordon. Get the skew down because it can give you almost a sand free surface when used properly. It is a hard one to get to know. David Lacer has a video out on using them. I know I would and I think Bob Noles would definately recommend getting that video. It's a good one.

Corey Hallagan
03-25-2006, 4:02 PM
Gordon, that skew will become your favorite tool if you are like me. But just never get to comfortable, it can strike back at any moment :)

corey

John Hart
03-26-2006, 7:12 AM
The skew is my friend. Not only does it give a nice surface...but it also offers control over shapely surfaces that I can not acheive with any of my other tools. Nice work Gordon!:)