PDA

View Full Version : choosing a blade

Vito De Francisco
03-25-2006, 10:34 AM
Hi WW
Well now that I am convinced that I will be happy with the Grizzly G0555, I am kind of in the dark as to what blade to use. I went into the Suffolk Mach. site and saw a whole lot of choices. Even a deal where if you buy 3 blades , you can get one free. Sounds good to me. But which ones. First of all, I will need one for resawing hardwood. Which is going to serve me the best. Being this is my first band saw, I am yet not sure how to choose the right blades for the job at hand. Now, with this deal going on, what 4 blades would serve a guy that would cut hard and soft wood. I guess I can always call and ask the companies opinion when making the purchase, I just thought that with all the knowledge on the site that I might get a little help in getting educated on band saw blades. Is skip better than hook for resawing for instance? By the way, Suffolk Mach. handles Timber Wolf blades. But then, you knew that. Thanks WW.

Mark Rios
03-25-2006, 1:19 PM
VIto, due to me being a bonehead amateur, there's not much advice that I can give here on the creek but I can in this case.

Call Suffolk Machinery at (800) 234-7297. Tell them what saw you have, riser or not, and what you want ot do with your saw.

Let them tell you what you need.

Tell them how many of each that you want.

Give them your card number.

Wait for the blades to arrive.

That's it.

Suffolk folks are very honest and reliable and extrememly knowledgeable about bandsawing (among other things). They keep all your info on file so you just have to call them up again, when you need to, and then you just need to tell them how many again. They are truly in business to keep their customers happy and their customer service just makes you want to call back.:D

Vito De Francisco
03-25-2006, 1:37 PM
Mark
Thanks for the comback. I did just that this morning. Also have a catalog coming my way. They were very helpful. Thans again. VDF