PDA

View Full Version : OK Cheese Let's Do It

Tyler Howell
03-25-2006, 9:42 AM
First Cheddar Head Creeker Get Together.
Bill's coming to town, and that's as good an excuse as any to swap some BS (band saw) & wood chip stories:D .
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=32598 (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=32598)

April 21, 2006

******5:00PM Change of Time*********

Piggy's
http://www.piggys.com/ (http://www.piggys.com/)
501 Front St. S.
Downtown La Crosse WI.
608-784-4877

While I'm in the area I'm going to do a little rust hunting at:

The Old Tool Shed Antiques
(Hi $$$ but a lot of stuff)
608-689-2066
612 Main St.
Genoa, WI.

The Shed is about 30 miles south of La Crosse.
I shooting for 2:00PM.

Let me know if you're coming. I need good numbers for the food folks.

Any other points of interest in the area would be appreciated.

See you on the Mighty Mississippi!
No affiliation with any of the venders.

Steve Clardy
03-25-2006, 2:42 PM
Sure wish I was closer so I could come and meet you Tyler

Course, our thongs might clash pretty bad if we are seen together:eek:

tod evans
03-25-2006, 3:06 PM
Sure wish I was closer so I could come and meet you Tyler

Course, our thongs might clash pretty bad if we are seen together:eek:

steve, those cheeseheads have their own lear. maybe they`ll send it south after a few hicks? but i ain`t having anything to do with ya`lls attire...02 tod

Tyler Howell
03-25-2006, 3:09 PM
We'll hook up someday Steve.
but I'm not showing mine.

Dennis Peacock
03-25-2006, 3:13 PM
Well....ya'll can keep your so called thongs. Mine looks like a pair of Bib Overalls!!!! Sure wish I was closer that Tyler. I'd love to meet you and the rest of the bunch. Tell Bill I said HOWDY. I've met Bill in person before and he's a great person to hang out with.

Steve Clardy
03-25-2006, 7:41 PM
steve, those cheeseheads have their own lear. maybe they`ll send it south after a few hicks? but i ain`t having anything to do with ya`lls attire...02 tod

:eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D :D

Steve Ash
03-25-2006, 8:15 PM
those cheeseheads have their own lear.

Tod they also have a slingshot propelling device to launch creekers back and forth across Lake Michigan, maybe they can make up a bigger one to launch you guys from down south back and forth, those cheeseheads are pretty fart smellers....err I mean pretty smart fellers!:D

John Pollman
03-25-2006, 8:25 PM
Sometimes I really feel like becoming a "Cheesehead". I'm stuck here in the football wasteland better known as Detroit. :)

Oh well, at least we've got the Wings !

John

Steve Ash
03-25-2006, 8:27 PM
Sometimes I really feel like becoming a "Cheesehead". I'm stuck here in the football wasteland better known as Detroit. :)

Oh well, at least we've got the Wings !

John

Hey John, I am a Packer fan in the heart of Lions country, it don't get much lonlier than that. Sometimes I feel like the maytag repairman.

Steve Clardy
03-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Tod they also have a slingshot propelling device to launch creekers back and forth across Lake Michigan, maybe they can make up a bigger one to launch you guys from down south back and forth, those cheeseheads are pretty fart smellers....err I mean pretty smart fellers!:D

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

Spilling coffee and shaking my head this morn:D ing. ROFLOL

John Miliunas
03-26-2006, 11:41 AM
Well, one way or the other, count this Cheesehead "IN"!!!! :D Got the day scheduled "Off" and asked the mgr. at Job #2 to not schedule me for that weekend! :D Heck, even have the LOML's blessings. Ahhh, fun times will be had in the Land of Cheese on the 21st!!! :D :D :D :cool:

Karl Laustrup
03-26-2006, 12:45 PM
I'm in with Spring on this one. We'll be flying up that way looking forward to meeting ya'll. :D Oh tod, it's a LEER not a LEAR. Totally different company. ;) :D

We should be in the house by then and have water, so I will hopefully be able to shower the morning of our departure. If not I'll bring a bottle of Old Spice and use it liberally. :eek:

As this will be such a short trip we'll have to reconfigure the rubber bands to avoid landing in one of them Dakota's or Canada again.

See you there, good lord willing and the Mississippi don't rise. :D

Karl

tod evans
03-26-2006, 7:13 PM
I'm in with Spring on this one. We'll be flying up that way looking forward to meeting ya'll. :D Oh tod, it's a LEER not a LEAR. Totally different company. ;) :D

Karl

sorry karl, you`re talking to a fellow who drives a carburated 56 so even if i could spell the name i`ll most likely never get any closer to one than 40,000 feet...as the passengers "lear" at the hillbilly.:) .02 tod

Larry Klaaren
03-26-2006, 8:10 PM
Man, whoever picked the place picked a good one. When I lived near Rochester, Mn. we used to go up to Red Wing or Wabasha in the fall, then drive down to LaCrosse/LaCrescent, and pick apples. Piggy's was often on our itinerary. The Iowa State Alumni club was known to hang around there once in a while also. That was a long time ago. Good days. It's about 525 miles from here to Roch, so probably out of range.

Enjoy it!
Larry

Tyler Howell
03-26-2006, 9:01 PM
[quote=Larry Klaaren]Man, whoever picked the place picked a good one.
Larry!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
Do I look like I know eat places?????:o :D
Actually they've moved to another building and is it classy. (Shake off the wood chips guys and gals:p ). The Grub is real good;) .
Join us if you can and anyone else in the area.

Joe Breid
03-26-2006, 9:19 PM
Tyler,

Thanks for putting this together, it should be fun. :D You have also picked a great place to eat. I get there about once every other year when we have a convention in town.

Joe

Frank Chaffee
03-26-2006, 9:31 PM
Well whether that crew is leering, or Learing, they do not sound like safe company to me, so if I go I will fire up the four cylinder and scope out the scene before I enter.
Frank

Larry Klaaren
03-26-2006, 9:45 PM
[quote=Larry Klaaren]Man, whoever picked the place picked a good one.
Actually they've moved to another building and is it classy. (Shake off the wood chips guys and gals:p ). The Grub is real good;) .

Classy is as classy does! As I recall, there was a Heilemanns Old Style Brewery somewhere near and perhaps a continous feed conveyer belt between them. I think the old place was under the Mississippi River bridge.

The Hot Fish Shoppe in Winona was "unique" and what it lacked in decor, it made up for in the preparation of the fish, but I've heard it's closed.

Larry

Erin Raasch
03-26-2006, 10:22 PM
Please add a couple of Cheeseheads to the list - Scott and I are planning on being there. Coincidentally, that's our anniversary weekend, and last year we made La Crosse the destination for our getaway weekend. Might as well make it a tradition. :p

We were lucky enough to take in a Bonnie Koloc concert - I enjoyed listening to her way back in my salad days; she's a blues singer who spent some time on the Chicago scene a while back, and can that gal sing! It wasn't till after we had planned our weekend that we learned she'd be performing there, so it was a nice little serendipity.

Didn't know about the antique store, though, or we might have made a detour on the way there! I think we may have to put it on our agenda for this year. :cool:

Anyone for climbing Brady's Bluff? :eek:

Erin

Larry Klaaren
03-26-2006, 10:39 PM

Actually, from your avatar, I'd say you have an inverted A profile! :rolleyes:

There was a picture of you in a Creeker Visit a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't know which one was you.

Larry

Andy Hoyt
03-26-2006, 11:27 PM
Larry - Tyler is most usually the bigger one.

Bill Grumbine
03-27-2006, 7:45 AM

Does this mean I need to bring a clean shirt with me? :D Tyler, if they look out the window and see us coming, they may bar the doors!:p

Bill

John Miliunas
03-27-2006, 8:09 AM
Larry - Tyler is most usually the bigger one.

Larry - Tyler is most usually the shorter one.

Andy, fixed it for 'ya! :D :D :D :cool:

Andy Hoyt
03-27-2006, 8:27 AM
Larry - Tyler is most usually the shorter one.

Andy, fixed it for 'ya! :D :D :D :cool:

Yeah, but he still exceeds UPS's package dimension specs.:D

John Miliunas
03-27-2006, 9:04 AM
Yeah, but he still exceeds UPS's package dimension specs.:D

Hrmph... :mad: Yeah, so do I!!!! :mad: UPS, FedX, Overnight X and probably most of the rest of the common carriers!!! :rolleyes: :D :cool:

Carl Eyman
03-27-2006, 9:05 AM
Will visitors need dogsleds or snowshoes? I remember when the Brewers had to shovel snow out of County Stadium to open the season!

Tyler Howell
03-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Will visitors need dogsleds or snowshoes? I remember when the Brewers had to shovel snow out of County Stadium to open the season!
We're always ready Carl. I carry snow shoes and a dog team in the back of the truck till may just incase:p .
Brewers are all set with a retractable roof now so they don't have to worry.

Dan Racette
03-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Hey Guys, I am going to try and squeeze this in, but don't count me in for sure!!! This sounds like a good time. My former brother in-law used to be a manager at piggy's, so that should be interesting!

d

First Cheddar Head Creeker Get Together.
Bill's coming to town, and that's as good an excuse as any to swap some BS (band saw) & wood chip stories:D .
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=32598 (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=32598)

April 21, 2006

4:30 PM

Piggy's
http://www.piggys.com/ (http://www.piggys.com/)
501 Front St. S.
Downtown La Crosse WI.
608-784-4877

While I'm in the area I'm going to do a little rust hunting at:

The Old Tool Shed Antiques
(Hi $$$ but a lot of stuff)
608-784-4877
612 Main St.
Genoa, WI.

The Shed is about 30 miles south of La Crosse.
I shooting for 2:00PM.

Let me know if you're coming. I need good numbers for the food folks.

Any other points of interest in the area would be appreciated.

See you on the Mighty Mississippi!
No affiliation with any of the venders.

Tyler Howell
03-27-2006, 12:20 PM
The Hot Fish Shoppe in Winona was "unique" and what it lacked in decor, it made up for in the preparation of the fish, but I've heard it's closed.

Larry
Larry you gotta come back and visit. Hot fish shop is long gone. An old icon that is no more. I think there's a megga gas station on that corner now.
Rochester has some very nice places. We accept all visitors here in Gods country.

Tyler Howell
03-27-2006, 12:31 PM
When they heard Pesh might be coming they said they better push it back to do things right:rolleyes: :D :D .

*****5:00PM*******

Let me know if you're coming.;)

Josh Bendel
03-27-2006, 2:18 PM
A creeker gathering doesn't get much closer than this!:eek: I'm going to try and make it. But with twin boys (gloat) here since 12/22/05, we don't have a lot of, free time, much less shop time.

John Miliunas
03-27-2006, 2:45 PM
A creeker gathering doesn't get much closer than this!:eek: I'm going to try and make it. But with twin boys (gloat) here since 12/22/05, we don't have a lot of, free time, much less shop time.

Well fer cryin' out loud, Josh!!! You're just a stone's throw away from LaCrosse!!! :D Hope you can make it! :) Hey, BTW, cute kids!!! :) :cool:

Tyler Howell
03-27-2006, 7:25 PM
Congrats Josh!
Hope to see you there.

Tyler Howell
04-01-2006, 7:46 PM
This is the list I have as of 4/1/06. Did I miss anyone:confused: .
Bill G.
John M.
Karl L.
Joe B.
Erin & Scott R.
Dan R. ?
Josh B.?

Please RSVP

Tyler Howell
04-01-2006, 7:50 PM
[quote=Erin Raasch]Please add a couple of Cheeseheads to the list - Scott and I are planning on being there. Coincidentally, that's our anniversary weekend, and last year we made La Crosse the destination for our getaway weekend. Might as well make it a tradition. :p

We're honored to share in this occassion;)

Dale Thompson
04-04-2006, 6:44 PM
Hi Howl,
I'm not sure but I don't think I see MY name on the list? :confused: It may be that I am just a slow reader or maybe I'll check my "Medic Alert" bracelet for the proper spelling of my name. :(

I would like to bring my cousin John(Thompson - sorry - another one) along if that's OK. He just moved back to the area after 47 years in the big CA. :eek: :)

I would VERY much appreciate it if you would reserve a stool for me in the "NO SPRING OR DELLS" area of the meeting room. :cool: More and more places are designating those areas for the protection of their other patrons due to the obvious health concerns. :eek: :)

Dale T.

This is the list I have as of 4/1/06. Did I miss anyone:confused: .
Bill G.
John M.
Karl L.
Joe B.
Erin & Scott R.
Dan R. ?
Josh B.?

Please RSVP

John Miliunas
04-04-2006, 7:00 PM
I would VERY much appreciate it if you would reserve a stool for me in the "NO SPRING OR DELLS" area of the meeting room. :cool: More and more places are designating those areas for the protection of their other patrons due to the obvious health concerns. :eek: :)

Dale T.

Yeah Tyler, you need to be very, very careful about that! :eek: Most of the nicer eateries around here usually have a spot specially reserved for me! :D Typically, it's a plaque, right there next to the "Do Not Park In Front of Dumpster" sign! :D When I make reservations, they even cover up the "Do not play in or around container" signs, just so I feel a bit more ta home! :D Heck, the one real classy joint out here, even puts down yesterday's newspaper on the milk crate so my tushy is a bit more comfortable! Yup, nuthin' but the best for me!:D :cool:

Karl Laustrup
04-05-2006, 6:02 AM
Hi Howl,
I'm not sure but I don't think I see MY name on the list? :confused: It may be that I am just a slow reader or maybe I'll check my "Medic Alert" bracelet for the proper spelling of my name. :(

I would like to bring my cousin John(Thompson - sorry - another one) along if that's OK. He just moved back to the area after 47 years in the big CA. :eek: :)

Dale T.

EGAD! You mean there's more Thompson's? :eek: :D And they're moving here from LA LA land? Hopefully John doesn't do WW'ing also. I thought you had a pretty good handle on denuding the forests all by yourself Pesh. ;)

You will find that trying to avoid Spring and me is like trying to avoid those winged cousins of the Terydactyl that frequent areas of the Peshtigo river and the northwoods during the summer.

Spring, I'll bring the wine. What year Red Mountain would you prefer? I'm not opposed to splurging on a fine vintage, but no more than $10 for a gallon.

Karl

John Miliunas
04-05-2006, 8:00 AM
Spring, I'll bring the wine. What year Red Mountain would you prefer? I'm not opposed to splurging on a fine vintage, but no more than $10 for a gallon.

Karl

Hey, is that a picture of our state bird??? :confused: Looks familiar!:)

Hmmmm...What year? Not sure. What's wrong with this year??? :confused: I never could understand why people pay extra money to buy those wines so far beyond their posted "freshness date"!!! What's wrong with those folks? :confused: I never drink milk more than two months past its "freshness date"! Don't make no sense to drink wine that's 10 or 15 or more years old, neither!!! :D :cool:

Dale Thompson
04-05-2006, 9:34 PM
EGAD! You mean there's more Thompson's? :D And they're moving here from LA LA land? Hopefully John doesn't do WW'ing also. I thought you had a pretty good handle on denuding the forests all by yourself Pesh. ;) Karl

Hey Dells,
I am glad to inform you that John is not a "woodworker" in the true sense of the word that I, as "Pesh", have defined so accurately. :cool: John will not "denude" the forests as I have done. He was a remodeling contractor out in CA and gets HIS projects right the FIRST time! :eek: :mad: As everyone knows, I don't get MY projects right the LAST time! :o :o :eek:

I've been laughing at him because he will have to heat his house with gas or propane and I can heat mine, and many others, with "scrap"! :cool: :)

Dale T.

Frank Chaffee
04-06-2006, 9:03 PM
OK Tyler,
I just got my hearing aids today, so rather than sitting around in a big group of people smiling broadly, looking like the village idiot, I will be able hear what you all say and respond, thereby proving that I am the village idiot!!!

What’s more, since my friend Dale is going to be there, I feel somewhat obligated to him to show up so he can use me as a living example of just how foolish bleeding heart liberals really are.

So please count me in for the dinner, tho I’ll most likely be called on to wash dishes before the evening’s conversation is done. I hope to become intoxicated in the kitchen finishing off the drinks that have lipstick smears on their lip (singular?), …err, noooo…, brims!!! Or rims!!!!, or whatever we might call that lovely orifice through which the sweetest nectars flow.

If I’m not welcome to join you, please PM me so I don’t hitch hike all that way for nothing.

Thanks,
Frank

John Miliunas
04-06-2006, 9:10 PM
OK Tyler,
I just got my hearing aids today, so rather than sitting around in a big group of people smiling broadly, looking like the village idiot, I will be able hear what you all say and respond, thereby proving that I am the village idiot!!!

What’s more, since my friend Dale is going to be there, I feel somewhat obligated to him to show up so he can use me as a living example of just how foolish bleeding heart liberals really are.

So please count me in for the dinner, tho I’ll most likely be called on to wash dishes before the evening’s conversation is done. I hope to become intoxicated in the kitchen finishing off the drinks that have lipstick smears on their lip (singular?), …err, noooo…, brims!!! Or rims!!!!, or whatever we might call that lovely orifice through which the sweetest nectars flow.

If I’m not welcome to join you, please PM me so I don’t hitch hike all that way for nothing.

Thanks,
Frank

Huh??? :confused: What did he say??? Speak up, my friend. I can't hear ya'!!! :D Ohhhh, no matter. I'll be settin' out at my 1st class dumpster, anyhow. :) :cool:

Dale Thompson
04-06-2006, 9:12 PM
[QUOTE=Tyler Howell]When they heard Pesh might be coming they said they better push it back to do things right. [QUOTE]

Hey Howl,
Do I have to paint you a PICTURE or what!! :mad: I STILL haven't seen a list that includes my cousin John and I?? :mad: :mad: Are we NOT invited - or what?? :confused: I will have you know that Norwegians are legally protected by the 72,027,854,172nd Amendment to the Northern Siberian Constitution! :)

Also, with all of this "thong" stuff going around, I can only hope that Hog's or Piglet's or whatever that place is has an indoor restroom for "Men" as opposed to just a "Boys" Room and a "Ladies" Room! :eek: Please don't tell Mr. Grumbine that he will have to shave his legs before coming to YOUR party! :eek:

Lastly, even though you guys think that you can "sneak" this type of thing by MOI, I KNOW why you pushed the time forward!! :rolleyes: You guys just don't have the necessary attention spans necessary to absorb all of the incredibly valuable and masterfully explained woodworking skills that I could so professionally convey to you folks in the "stolen" 30 minutes! :cool: :)

Dale T.

Dave Richards
04-06-2006, 9:24 PM
Well, I'm hoping I can make it.

Dale Thompson
04-06-2006, 9:50 PM
I am the village idiot!!!

I hope to become intoxicated in the kitchen finishing off the drinks that have lipstick smears on their lip (singular?), …err, noooo…, brims!!! Or rims!!!!,

"hitch hike all that way" Frank

Hey Arena,
How can you consider yourself to be the "village idiot"? Arena is not BIG enough to be a village! :cool: :)

I don't NEED to know how foolish a "bleeding heart Liberal" can be! I'm presently on my 37th reading of Ann Coulter's book, HOW TO TALK TO A LIBERAL - IF YOU HAVE TO!! :cool: ;)

"Brim" is the preferred expression among the aristocracy. ;)

Frank, don't sweat the "hitch hike" thing. Just shave one leg and flash it on the Interstate. Some "Viking" Fan will quickly pick you up and get you, at least, to the Minnesota border! ;) :D

Hey, bud, kidding aside, I'm glad to see that you are still on board for the scheduled gathering. ;) :)

One last thought, Frank. Check with Tyler on the REAL location! There is NO WAY that he would give ME the RIGHT one! :eek:

Dale T.

Frank Chaffee
04-06-2006, 11:51 PM
Hey Arena,
How can you consider yourself to be the "village idiot"? Arena is not BIG enough to be a village! :cool: :)
While it is still a matter of debate as to whether Arena is large enough to be a Village, it has more than doubled in size since I had the paper route here, and I can personally assure you it is large enough to have a village idiot!

I don't NEED to know how foolish a "bleeding heart Liberal" can be! I'm presently on my 37th reading of Ann Coulter's book, HOW TO TALK TO A LIBERAL - IF YOU HAVE TO!! :cool: ;)
If I could read, I would brush up on my Al Franken and Molly Ivins.

"Brim" is the preferred expression among the aristocracy. ;)
My class of folk have always thought “brim”, was the dripper edge of the expensive hats you dandy’s wore. We’ve always made do with old shirts dipped in paraffin and held on with a twisted bandanna or cutting from a worn out pant leg.

Frank, don't sweat the "hitch hike" thing. Just shave one leg and flash it on the Interstate. Some "Viking" Fan will quickly pick you up and get you, at least, to the Minnesota border! ;) :D
Dale, at my age, I wouldn’t have to shave my leg to get a ride (see below). However, even though my belly may be getting out of hand, with a properly cut tunic, I can cut quite a figure on the dance floor with the ladies (gender differentiation intended).

Hey, bud, kidding aside, I'm glad to see that you are still on board for the scheduled gathering. ;) :)
Likewise, friend.

One last thought, Frank. Check with Tyler on the REAL location! There is NO WAY that he would give ME the RIGHT one! :eek:
Dale,
I’m just off the conch with Tyler, and I have the precise coordinates of the gathering location: I don’t recognize these highway names, but he specifically told me we would all meet at the intersection of Latitude 90°41’00” and Longitude 42°35’00”. He suggested that we be prepared for amphibious travel, so I will caulk the pan on the four cylinder Mitsubishi (automobile), and direct the exhaust towards an affixed paddlewheel, somewhat in the style of riverboats of yore. Well, somewhat.

See Ya’ll there?
Frank

Dale Thompson
04-07-2006, 9:58 PM
While it is still a matter of debate as to whether Arena is large enough to be a Village, it has more than doubled in size since I had the paper route here, and I can personally assure you it is large enough to have a village idiot!

If I could read, I would brush up on my Al Franken and Molly Ivins.

My class of folk have always thought “brim”, was the dripper edge of the expensive hats you dandy’s wore. We’ve always made do with old shirts dipped in paraffin and held on with a twisted bandanna or cutting from a worn out pant leg.

Dale, at my age, I wouldn’t have to shave my leg to get a ride (see below). However, even though my belly may be getting out of hand, with a properly cut tunic, I can cut quite a figure on the dance floor with the ladies (gender differentiation intended).

I’m just off the conch with Tyler. 90°41’00” and 42°35’00”. Frank

Frank: (Response by paragraph)
1) I'm always sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if Arena is, in fact, large enough to have a "village idiot", YOU ain't IT! :) Don't give up your day job just to pursue a dream! ;) :)

2) I kind of LIKE Al Franken! I like Bill O'Reilly better, though! ;)

3) I don't remember you growing up in MY old neighborhood?? :confused:

4) I ALREADY told you I was sorry about THAT one!! :cool:

5) I'm confident that the "conch" word was not a typo! :D :eek: Also, I was looking for a LOCATION, not the normal hi-lo temperatures of the day! ;) :)

Dale T.

John Miliunas
04-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Hey Dale, having previously live with an Arena address for close to 9 years, Frank speaks the truth. Back in those days, we used to take turns being the Village Idiot and sadly, I don't think Frank has found a replacement for me, as of yet. :o Actually, Frank was just an "Idiot in Training", as I outranked him and I'm not quite sure that he's been able to attain full fledged "Idiot" status yet, but he's all they've got! :D Hang in there, Frank. I just know you can do it! (They even transferred tenure for me when I came to Bear Valley, so I didn't even have to train!):D :D :cool:

Tyler Howell
04-07-2006, 10:43 PM
[quote=Dale Thompson][quote=Tyler Howell]When they heard Pesh might be coming they said they better push it back to do things right. [quote]

Hey Howl,
Do I have to paint you a PICTURE or what!! :mad: I STILL haven't seen a list that includes my cousin John and I?? :mad: :mad: Are we NOT invited - or what?? :confused: I will have you know that Norwegians are legally protected by the 72,027,854,172nd Amendment to the Northern Siberian Constitution! :)

Pesh I thought if I held out long enough You'd get the hint:p .
I'm going to put a question mark by your name just in case I change my mind and uninvite you:rolleyes: ;) .

Ken Fitzgerald
04-07-2006, 10:45 PM
Am I going to have to report this thread to a moderator?:eek: ;) :D This is starting to sound like hate mail......

Tyler Howell
04-07-2006, 10:51 PM
This is the New list I have as of 4/7/06. Did I miss anyone:confused: .

Bill G.
John M.
Karl L.
Joe B.
Erin & Scott R.
Dan R. ?
Josh B.?
Pesh T ?
Cousin T. (John)
Frank C.
Dave R.
Wonder Thong?
Please RSVP

Tyler Howell
04-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Am I going to have to report this thread to a moderator?:eek: ;) :D This is starting to sound like hate mail......
Ken
Don't pay em no mind....
they're chedder heads:D

Dale Thompson
04-07-2006, 11:09 PM

Bill G.
John M.
Karl L.
Joe B.
Erin & Scott R.
Dan R. ?
Josh B.?
Pesh T ?
Cousin T. (John)
Frank C.
Dave R.
Wonder Thong?
Please RSVP

Hey Howl,
I can hardly wait to meet "Wonder Thong". :eek: ;) Thus far, you are the only one whom I have crossed off the list as even a REMOTE possibility!! :D :D :)

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
04-07-2006, 11:28 PM
having previously live with an Arena address for close to 9 years(They even transferred tenure for me when I came to Bear Valley, so I didn't even have to train!):D :cool:

Hey Spring,
Why did I subconsciously already KNOW about your nine years of captivity in Arena?? :confused: Anyway, I'm just trying to be Arena's "Buddy for a Day". With the cost of gas these days, I don't think that John and I will be able to afford to eat at the "Palace" that Tyler has chosen. I understand that Frank is "swimming in the green" and I just thought that maybe - just maybe - well - you know! ;) :cool: :)

BARE VALLEY!?! Don't tell me that YOU are going to show up in a thong too!?! I'm starting to think. :o If I swim across Lake Michigan from Peshtigo, will I end up in LaCrosse?! :rolleyes: ;) :)

Dale T.

Erin Raasch
04-07-2006, 11:48 PM

Bill G.
John M.
Karl L.
Joe B.
Erin & Scott R.
Dan R. ?
Josh B.?
Pesh T ?
Cousin T. (John)
Frank C.
Dave R.
Wonder Thong?
Please RSVP

Wouldn't miss it for the world . . . but Tyler, if you're coming to cheeseland, you need appropriate attire . . .

Hope this helps! :eek:

Erin

Frank Chaffee
04-08-2006, 12:13 AM
Actually, Frank was just an "Idiot in Training", as I outranked him and I'm not quite sure that he's been able to attain full fledged "Idiot" status yet, but he's all they've got!
John, my fine friend,
I respectfully beg to differ with you on this point, young sir. While in high school, I had the morning paper route in Arena. Even on Sundays, through the winter I had all papers delivered before sunrise. My route was five miles long, but living a mile out of town made that seven miles a day, seven days a week, whatever that maths out to.

This was well before your time, and before the age of global warming, but let me tell you that I often had to dig tunnels thru our copious snowfalls. The Town truck followed me so their load was eased.

For this I earned two things: First was five dollars a week, and second was the official title of the Village Idiot!!! To this day, the grandchildren and great-grandchildren of my customers point to me when they see me in town, cover their mouths and chuckle, then sing out derisively “Look, there goes the dumb paperboy!”

John, the whole thing of pretending to be an “Idiot in Training”, was a subterfuge of mine to pass my title to you, an unsuspecting newcomer, but alas, you slipped out of the noose too quickly.

I thought I was working up to a place where I would make a point of some kind, but now I can’t remember….

Frank

Frank Chaffee
04-08-2006, 1:48 AM
…you need appropriate attire . . .
Hope this helps! :eek:
Erin
Oh dear,
Edible thongs?
Now I am having second thoughts about this gathering for the fifth time (2^5).
Frank

Tyler Howell
04-08-2006, 8:46 AM
This is the New list I have as of 4/8/06. Did I miss anyone:confused: .

Bill G.
John M.
Karl L.
Joe B.
Erin & Scott R.
Dan R. ?
Josh B.?
Pesh T ??????????????????????:confused: :confused:
Cousin T. (John)
Frank C.
Dave R.
Wonder Thong?
Please RSVP[/quote]

John Miliunas
04-08-2006, 10:05 AM
John, the whole thing of pretending to be an “Idiot in Training”, was a subterfuge of mine to pass my title to you, an unsuspecting newcomer, but alas, you slipped out of the noose too quickly.

Frank

Well, thanks a lot, Frank! Now you've gone and done it! :mad: Apparently, a literate spouse of one of the WIDIOT (Wisconsin Innerstate Department of Idiot Operations Trustees) got wind of your post and has notified said department! :eek: While they agree that revocation of my Idiot status, due to my proven track record, would be a bit extreme, they have put me on double probation!!! :mad: Any act of intelligence, counts as an infraction! First infraction, I'm off the BIR (Biweekly Idiot Rotation) for a month. (27 days) Second infraction, and I'm off for a full 97-1/2 days (3 months!)!!! :mad: 3rd time and they give me an honorary PHD from the UBC (University of Bear Creek) and send me packin'! :eek: I'm NOT a happy camper right now! :mad: You best watch your backside, buddy or I'll sneak over there and pour a gallon of some high-test in your little 4-banger's gas tank and then where will you be???? :D :cool:

Steve Clardy
04-08-2006, 10:18 AM
:eek: :eek: Wonder Thong:eek: :eek:

Making more coffee:mad:
Just spilled the last cup I had all over the desk:mad: :mad:

Dale Thompson
04-08-2006, 7:58 PM
:eek: :eek: Wonder Thong:eek: :eek:

Making more coffee:mad:
Just spilled the last cup I had all over the desk:mad: :mad:

Hey Steve,
Wipe that big GRIN off your face. :rolleyes: You're better looking when you are wearing a scowl!! Well - "better" is a relative term. ;) :D

Dale T.

Steve Clardy
04-08-2006, 8:05 PM
Hey Steve,
Wipe that big GRIN off your face. :rolleyes: You're better looking when you are wearing a scowl!! Well - "better" is a relative term. ;) :D

Dale T.

THANKS!! :confused: :confused:
Major puter crash. Lost my original avatar.:mad:
Also lost Tylers original THONG BONGER avatar I gave him for christmas:mad: :mad:

Dale Thompson
04-08-2006, 8:51 PM
THANKS!! Major puter crash. Lost my original avatar.:mad: Also lost Tylers original THONG BONGER avatar I gave him for christmas

Steve,
HMMM? You lost your coffee! :( You lost your puter! :( You lost your avatar! :( You lost Tyler's "Thong Bonger"! :mad:

I'm on the "short list" for the Nobel Prize in Medicine. :) Could you send me a detailed list of your "other" losses (if you remember them)? :) My specialty is "Advanced Alzheimer's Research" and I have a REAL strong feeling that your medical history could send me "over the top"! :cool:

Thanks, Steve, I REALLY need the million dollar prize to help other folks whose affliction is less "advanced" than yours!! ;) :D

Dale T.

Tyler Howell
04-14-2006, 7:11 PM
This is the New list I have as of 4/14/06. Did I miss anyone:confused: .

Bill G.
John M.
Karl L.
Joe B.
Erin & Scott R.
Dan R. ?
Josh B.?
Cousin T. (John)
Frank C.
Dave R???
Wonder Thong?
Please RSVP
Just confirmed Dinner Reservations. Houston We have a Go!!!!!

Tyler Howell
04-17-2006, 4:39 PM
This is the New list I have as of 4/17/06. Did I miss anyone:confused: .

Bill G.
John M.
Karl L.
Joe B.
Erin & Scott R.
Dan R. ?
Josh B.?
Cousin T. (John)
Frank C.
Dave R???
Police Chief.
Please RSVP
Just confirmed Dinner Reservations. Houston We have a Go.
Want to give the Resturant Folks a good number. Any change in plans???

Frank Chaffee
04-17-2006, 5:00 PM
Tyler,
Sure hope no one has triskaidekaphobia, ‘cuz the last one on that list is bound to provide the most interesting time!
Frank

Steve Clardy
04-17-2006, 6:29 PM
Police Chief:confused: :confused: :confused:

Did Wonder Thing get replaced due to visual interference:confused: :confused: :confused: :D

Dale Thompson
04-17-2006, 7:55 PM
This is the New list I have as of 4/17/06. Did I miss anyone:confused: .

Bill G.
John M.
Karl L.
Joe B.
Erin & Scott R.
Dan R. ?
Josh B.?
Cousin T. (John)
Frank C.
Dave R???
Police Chief.
Please RSVP
Just confirmed Dinner Reservations. Houston We have a Go.
Want to give the Resturant Folks a good number. Any change in plans???

Hey Howl,
How come I'm not the first one on the list?? :confused: Aw well, the Bible says that, "the meek shall inherit the Earth". If you want your piece, you had better start treating me a bit nicer! :D

I'm glad for the cop! "Cousin T." is a bad hombre with known connections to the Hell's Angels out in their home base in Oakland CA! :mad: Tell the cop to shoot first and ask questions later! :cool:

Seriously, though, does Pigg's have a dress code? :confused: If so, I'll have to buy a new dress! :mad: OH NO!! NOT AGAIN!! :)

Dale T.

Tyler Howell
04-17-2006, 8:34 PM
Hey Howl,
How come I'm not the first one on the list?? Aw well, the Bible says that, "the meek shall inherit the Earth". If you want your piece, you had better start treating me a bit nicer!

Piece of what:confused: . I don't think I want any:confused:

Seriously, though, does Pigg's have a dress code? If so, I'll have to buy a new dress! OH NO!! NOT AGAIN!!

Dale T.

And you complain about my attire:eek: :mad:
Pesh, Just knock the saw dust and cow chips off. You'll be fine.:rolleyes: :D

Dale Thompson
04-18-2006, 8:40 PM
LaCrosse Attendees,
With "Howl's" permission, I am posting the following "CAUTION" statement. :)

Due to the fact that Mr. "Arena" Chaffee is on the list of attendees, I am very concerned about my personal safety. :( I have convinced "Howl" that "Arena" is "gunning" for me. :eek:

Therefore, as it relates to weapons, "Howl" has authorized the following security measures for all of those planning to meet at Piglet's or Hogg's or whatever that place is:
- Your Tanks and Mobile Cruise Missile Launchers must be parked in the nearby Holiday Inn Motel parking lot. :eek:
- Your strategic nuclear weapons must be checked at the Day-Care Center located at the intersection of Rose St. and 5th Ave. ;)
- Personal weapons such as guns, knives, poisonous chemicals, "bonkers", etc., must be registered with "Dells" at his location behind dumpster #3 behind the eatery. He will watch over them throughout the duration of the "festivities". :)
- Be warned that "Wonder Thong", whoever he is, will do a strip search of all male attendees suspected of viotating these rules. :o
- Be further warned that all female attendes will be forced to look at my Cousin John for at least three minutes. It is a fact that any dangerous contraband that they carry will surely fall to the floor from their uncontrollable laughter. :eek:

Your cooperation in thwarting "Machine Gun" Chaffee's foul intentions will be much appreciated by the nicest guy to ever walk this "Third Rock from the Sun". Namely; ME!! :cool:

Dale T.

Tyler Howell
04-18-2006, 10:36 PM
What:confused: :confused:
Arena,
Take him out.
Save us all some trouble and if you don't I will;) .

Dale Thompson
04-18-2006, 11:11 PM
Arena,
Take him out.

Hey Howl,
I can feel the LOVE!! :rolleyes: :)

Dale T.

Frank Chaffee
04-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Dale, my friend,
You need harbor no fear that I will attack you with either weaponry or superior bleeding heart liberal wit when we Creekers gather in LaCrosse this coming Friday evening.

Anticipating this meeting with you, I have spoken at length with Officer Howell myself, and he has agreed that it will be in the best interest of all attendees that we check our political views at the door, and enter with open, fresh, clear, minds, unadulterated by divisive preconceptions of the human condition.

I trust that the relatively unobtrusive psychic frisking we will undergo at the door after we have checked our political views, will not be too taxing to your sensibilities, but should it prove to be so, I will gladly take you by your arm and guide you thru the evening.

Remember Dale, I’m from the government, and I’m here to help you.

Frank

Frank Chaffee
04-18-2006, 11:19 PM
Arena,
Take him out.
Et tu, Officer Howell?

Tyler Howell
04-19-2006, 10:55 PM
Last Call, Headed down along the mighty Mississippi, toward LaCrosse. Some Business on the way. Hope to see you there.
Got a little extra room for slast minute guests.:cool:

Tyler Howell
04-19-2006, 11:00 PM
This is the Last list I'm making as of 4/19/06. See You there.

Bill G.
John M.
Karl L.
Joe B.
Erin & Scott R.
Dan R. ?
Josh B.?
Cousin T. (John)
Frank C.
Tyler
Please RSVP
Just confirmed Dinner Reservations.

Karl Laustrup
04-20-2006, 5:34 AM
That certainly looks like a group of..............................well, I don't know.

Are you sure they're going to let us in the place, Tyler, or did you just gather a few picnic tables around a fire pit along the banks of the mighty Mississippi.

I'm bringing a camera and tripod. Figure I'll get a pic or two of the place as I'm sure that's the last time any of us will be allowed anywhere near LaCrosse. :eek: :D

Pesh, have you found a "paved" road that will get you to LaCrosse or are you coming by canoe? If the latter, I hope you're already paddling. You and cousin John have to remember you can't both paddle on the same side at the same time though. Tends to make you go in circles. :D

Well, Spring and Arena are meeting me at the hacienda and after they get the 50 cent tour, we'll be seeing ya'll around fire pit #4 on the banks of the river.

Looking forward to it........................I think. ;) :D

Karl

John Miliunas
04-20-2006, 7:53 AM
Well, Spring and Arena are meeting me at the hacienda and after they get the 50 cent tour, we'll be seeing ya'll around fire pit #4 on the banks of the river.

Looking forward to it........................I think. ;) :D

Karl

Huh???? 50 cents????:confused: :eek: I thought last night you told me it was only going to cost me a quarter and that's all I budgeted for!!!! :( Will that, at least, get me in the door??? Is there an extra charge for taking a peek in the shop at that X-31??? :confused: Hmmmm...Maybe I should just wait in the car and hand Frank my camera, so that he can take pics for me. :D :cool:

Tyler Howell
04-20-2006, 8:53 AM
ROTFLOL.:D
You guys break me up.:cool:

Dale Thompson
04-20-2006, 7:23 PM
Hey Howl,
Despite Arena's many threats to my longevity, I still plan to BE there!! :cool: ;)

Showing even more of my absolutely boundless measure of admirable courage and fearless fortitude in the face of overwhelming travail, I ABSOLUTELY refuse to meet his countless demands that I wear my Hillary mask!! :eek: :(

By the way, I know that the date is Friday, April 21. I think that you forgot to mention the year? :confused: :) Did you do that to me on purpose?? :D

Dale T.

Frank Chaffee
04-20-2006, 8:01 PM
Dale,
My dear friend,
Have no fear that your time is running out, at least in the near future.
And furthermore, please rest assured that “Arena”, as you so bushingly call him, wishes you at least a long enuf life to come to your innate conservative senses, and the opportunity to forswear your current and misled political affiliations.

But when we get to the door Dale, and hopefully shed our political mantles, how about we stick to tangible subjects, like the killing of human beings, and grotesque acts of subjugation of others, where we are most likely to find common ground.

Perhaps when we find that common ground, we will be able to tackle the weightier topic of politics.

Frank

Tyler Howell
04-20-2006, 8:43 PM
No politics, No Religion, No Drugs.
Just lots of WW and BS:cool:

Dale Thompson
04-20-2006, 8:48 PM
We will be able to tackle the weightier topics!
Frank

Hey Arena,
As much as it hurts (and it REALLY hurts!!), I must agree with you on the "infinite pinch force" upon closing. :( ;) If the closing (motorized) rail is the x-axis and the doors are the y-axis, the y-component will approach infinity because there is no balancing component on the x-axis, whatever it might be.

Whatever, due to the macroscopic composition of available building materials, the concept of "infinite force" is hypothetical, at best! ;) :)

Does this admission on my part remove at least one round from the 80 shot "banana clip" on your .50 Caliber automatic machine gun? :confused: :eek:

REGARDLESS, Arena, I will NOT wear that Hillary mask that you sent me!! PERIOD!!! :p :cool: :)

Dale T.

Frank Chaffee
04-20-2006, 8:49 PM
No politics, No Religion, No Drugs.
Just lots of WW and BS:cool:
Totally with you there, Tyler!
Just us people types. Politics left at the door.
Frank

Karl Laustrup
04-20-2006, 8:55 PM
Huh???? 50 cents????:confused: :eek: I thought last night you told me it was only going to cost me a quarter and that's all I budgeted for!!!! :( Will that, at least, get me in the door??? Is there an extra charge for taking a peek in the shop at that X-31??? :confused: Hmmmm...Maybe I should just wait in the car and hand Frank my camera, so that he can take pics for me. :D :cool:

You are the lucky ones. ;) The rate really goes up after Memorial Day. :eek: :D

Frank Chaffee
04-20-2006, 8:57 PM
Dale,
I have so much to learn from you, and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow!
Frank

P.S. Well then, does that mean I can take off this Ann Coulter mask I’ve been trying to fit into just so I can meet you???

P.P.S. Relax Tyler, we, at least, are cool.

Dale Thompson
04-20-2006, 9:09 PM
Hey Howl,
Is this "NO DRUGS" thing for real?? :confused: If so, how can I give Arena a big hug for wearing his Ann Coulter mask? :confused: :D :)

Dale T.

Frank Chaffee
04-20-2006, 9:11 PM
We're in our house!!! YIPPEE!!!
Karl,
Your whole house construction has been the most unbelievably fortunate one I have ever seen in these parts!
Congratulations Man!
Most around here start in the spring and aim for Thanksgiving dinner in the mostly completely home. That you first broke ground in mid-January and had your house ready for Easter dinner, is almost too much for my mind to comprehend!
See ya in the morning,
Frank

Tyler Howell
04-20-2006, 9:17 PM
Hey Arena,
As much as it hurts (and it REALLY hurts!!), I must agree with you on the "infinite pinch force" upon closing. :( ;) If the closing (motorized) rail is the x-axis and the doors are the y-axis, the y-component will approach infinity because there is no balancing component on the x-axis, whatever it might be.

Whatever, due to the macroscopic composition of available building materials, the concept of "infinite force" is hypothetical, at best!

Does this admission on my part remove at least one round from the 80 shot "banana clip" on your .50 Caliber automatic machine gun?

REGARDLESS, Arena, I will NOT wear that Hillary mask that you sent me!! PERIOD!!!

Dale T.
What:confused: :confused: :confused:
Did he just say something:confused: :confused:

Frank Chaffee
04-20-2006, 9:20 PM
Poor Tyler,
Little did he know what he was getting himself into when he decided to meet CHEESE.

Erin Raasch
04-20-2006, 10:18 PM
Poor Tyler,
Little did he know what he was getting himself into when he decided to meet CHEESE.

:D I think we better make sure he's got plenty of wine to go with that . . . methinks he's going to need it!

Erin

Frank Chaffee
04-20-2006, 10:23 PM
Erin,
Shall we offer bets on whether his whine or his howl dominates his expressive vocalizations when he meets the CHEESE?
Frank

Karl Laustrup
04-21-2006, 8:27 AM
Look out La Crosse.......
Here we come!!!!!

Be afraid.....Be VERY AFRAID!!!!!

Karl

John Miliunas
04-21-2006, 8:29 AM
Look out La Crosse.......
Here we come!!!!!

Be afraid.....Be VERY AFRAID!!!!!

Karl

Got that right, Karl!!! LC will never be the same again!!! :D :D :D :cool:

Andy Hoyt
04-21-2006, 10:45 PM
Looks as though the City of LaCrosse just swallered 'em right up and sent 'em to the abyss.

That, or they've all been arrested for wearing Cheesehead Thongs in a public place.