PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a drawer slide jig... anyone know of one please help.

Dev Emch
03-25-2006, 3:36 AM
O.K. Drawers are a never ending hassle. You have twenty different guide makers and a bunch of different guides. You have side mounted accurides and under mount blums. You have Easy Close and Blumotion. And you have cheap import knockoffs of these guides as well.

Does anyone know of a top drawer installation kit or jig for installing all of these critters? Often you have to buy some propriatary hunk of plastic that costs a pile of cash and is only good for one maker of guides and one or two models of guides. What a pain.

tod evans
03-25-2006, 7:01 AM
dev, i`ve always built a jig that indexes off the faceframe out of scrap baltic. never proved dificult or expensive.....02 tod

Chris Barton
03-25-2006, 7:38 AM
I think you are looking for something like this Dev:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=1510

Steve Clardy
03-25-2006, 8:22 AM
I've got one for my fulterer 3/4 side mounts.
It fits most all of this style slide. Looks just like the one Chris posted, the blum gun. These are pretty universal.
$10.00 from my hardware supplier.

Dwayne Payne
03-25-2006, 8:25 AM
Here is a link to the Kreg setup. One for mounting slides to cabinet and another for mounting to the drawer.

http://www.kregtool.com/products/okp/product.php?PRODUCT_ID=6

Dwayne

Frank Pellow
03-25-2006, 8:30 AM
I have been thinking about buying this jig that is made by Kreg. It appears to be universal.

Walt Pater
03-25-2006, 8:47 AM
Lay out the slides and pre-drill before you do final assembly on the casework. I've also used a lowly speed square.

Mark Singer
03-25-2006, 9:10 AM
Just make a support block from 3/4 MDF and place it up against the side carcass panel if the cabinet is built. Make one for each different height....this works great for side mounts like Accuride or Dyna Slide...The Blumotions work the same way

Another way is to mount them when the panels are layed out before the cabinets ate assembled....just make a "T" square jig and measure...
Depiending on your construction details this can get in the way...