PDA

View Full Version : Poll for G0490 jointer owners

Don Baer
03-24-2006, 8:05 PM
Of the creekers who have purchase this Jointer how many were damaged in shipment. This is not ment to start any wars just for information only.

Rob Blaustein
03-24-2006, 8:53 PM
Don,
Unless I'm mistaken, most of the discussion over the past few weeks has centered around the G0490 struts--Grizzly's new 8" jointer with parallelogram design. Michael's post about struts on his new G0452 is the first I'd heard about this unit.

My G0490 came with bent struts--new cabinet without motor sent out within a day or so of notifying them. I will have to re-attach motor, that is, after I manage to extract the unit from its formidable crate.
--Rob

Don Baer
03-24-2006, 9:14 PM
Don,
Unless I'm mistaken, most of the discussion over the past few weeks has centered around the G0490 struts--Grizzly's new 8" jointer with parallelogram design. Michael's post about struts on his new G0452 is the first I'd heard about this unit.
--Rob

Rob You are correct. I stand corrected. Although it is curious that boy machine asre susceptable to shipping damage.....hmmmmm

Allen Bookout
03-24-2006, 10:24 PM
I voted on the basis that we are talking about the GO490 and not the unit listed on the pole headline. Allen

Don Baer
03-24-2006, 11:19 PM
I voted on the basis that we are talking about the GO490 and not the unit listed on the pole headline. Allen

Yes allen you are correct. I made an error when I made up the pole.

Scott Coffelt
03-25-2006, 11:17 AM
My base had a couple of dented panels, no big deal as Grizzly sent me new ones. Everything else is working just fine. Great purchase.

Jerry White
03-27-2006, 1:59 PM
Just bumping this thread up. This is an interesting poll, and I think we have quite a few more 0490 owners than have replied.

Dave Bonde
03-27-2006, 3:28 PM
Mine came with no damage. It had the 2X4 extra support on it. Dave

Scott Vigder
03-27-2006, 4:31 PM
Mine was undamaged as well. I was so excited to get it and put it together I cannot recall if it had the extra wooden supports or not.

John Hedges
03-27-2006, 7:09 PM
I dont think this is a very useful poll, and is actually misleading. I think you gotta remember that this is a brand new jointer and as such is going through an introductory period where the kinks are getting worked out, and hence the introductory price. In this case It has to do with a better shipping solution for the motor so the struts dont bend.

Since they are fixing this problem this poll will be useless in a very short while (if not already)

I think an answer should be added to the effect of "Who recieved a damaged unit which has been fixed by Grizz to their satisfaction".

Allen Bookout
03-27-2006, 8:11 PM
One thing that it does show is that even though it sounded like that every unit was damaged that was not really the case. Eighty percent arrived with little or no damage and the others are being taken care of by Grizzly and the shipping supports are being added so I expect that the damage percentage has dropped to almost zero.

What I am trying to say is that at first it sounded like that the whole GO490 world was disintegrating and that was really not the case.