PDA

View Full Version : Something a little different

Bruce Shiverdecker
03-24-2006, 12:52 AM
I have an artist friend that has me make bases for some of his works. I found this piece and two more, from the same piece of wood. Since I didn't know exactly what finish he might want, I sanded through 320 and used the Tripoly and White Diamond steps of the beal system to get ready for him to see.

Beautiful piece of Box Elder.

Bruce;)

John Hart
03-24-2006, 7:33 AM
Wow...is that pretty or what? Looks like stone....maybe a chert or something. Gonna be gorgeous, what ever you do with it. How big is it Bruce?

Jim Becker
03-24-2006, 9:59 AM
Bruce, beautiful stuff. Just be sure your friend understands that the "red" will fade with time....

Bernie Weishapl
03-24-2006, 10:16 AM
That is a mighty fine looking piece Bruce. Going to be a nice piece when finished.

Rich Stewart
03-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Dats...dats....FLAT! Nice piece of wood, but still. Haha. A lady at work told another lady at work that I 'carve' wood. The other one was saying she wanted me to carve something for her. i told her as long as it was round I would give it a shot. So she's saying, "well, it's kind of round. And long." Me and the first lady laughing like idiots.

Oh well, little things amuse little minds.

Bruce Shiverdecker
03-24-2006, 5:12 PM
It's about 8" square, John. 3/4" thick. Guess I could make crosscut pens from it, if he doesn't want it.

Bruce