PDA

View Full Version : Some times "Trash" is actually GOLD!

Bruce Shiverdecker
03-24-2006, 12:46 AM
This piece of wood was being thrown away by a flatboarder. Glad I was there to pick it up. Nice piece of Mahogany. Four wing/square dish. Different finish here. Sanded through 4000, rubbed down with Parifin wax and spun on the lathe while wet sanding with 12000, then the Beal system. Looks nice to me. Those that handled it tonight remarked at the soft glow and the smoothness of the piece.

Thanks for lookin'

Bruce;)

John Hart
03-24-2006, 7:35 AM
Yup...mahogany has that "shimmer" to it that really captivates people. Nice job Bruce. I have yet to try a square turning. Looks like you're on your way.

Christopher K. Hartley
03-24-2006, 8:33 AM
This is like the Goose that laid the Golden Egg...he picked around at the scrapps on the floor and out comes the Golden Egg. Your a pretty special Goose Bruce. Beautiful Job! Thanks for sharring.

Bernie Weishapl
03-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Bruce that is a beautiful piece. Amazing what you find in a piece of scrap wood. Great work.

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
03-24-2006, 10:54 PM
Looks like i just begs to be held. Nice.

Jim Dunn
03-24-2006, 11:10 PM
Them silly flatlanders. Just kiddin Steve A.

Bruce Shiverdecker
03-25-2006, 2:16 PM
Thanks folks for the kind comments. Is I have said a lot. "The great thing about woodturning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed to have something beautiful. Nature does the hard part!"

Bruce