PDA

View Full Version : Bowl blanks free free free now with pics

Robert Mickley
03-23-2006, 11:16 PM
As much as it pains me, I have to clear some stuff out and some one may as well get some use out of it. If some one wants to come by and pick em up they can have them. off the top of my head theres some Cherry, walnut, black ash and regular ash from 10 inches to maybe 18 inches. Some of its platter blanks. Theres a few ash squares down there too that I keep tripping over that are if I had to guess 5x5x14.

If someone doesn't come and get it it's probably going ot end up in the wood burner. Sorry but I'm not going to mess around shipping it, I just don't have the time right now. Summers coming and from the looks of the flat work that needs done, Gardening and farm season is fast aproaching I'm not going to get to the lathe anytime soon.

In fact now that I think about it theres a walnut log out there about 10 or 12 inches and maybe 8 feet long.

Speak up quick boys

Bernie Weishapl
03-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Oh my Robert I wish I was closer. I would take some of it off your hands. Especially the cherry and walnut. Wait I gotta go get a paper towel I am drooling on my keyboard. Like I said wish I was closer.

Don Baer
03-23-2006, 11:22 PM
WAIT..:eek: .. it's only 2385.18 miles and according to MAPQUEST I can be there in 35 hours. I need some help from some west coat turners for a road trip...

Gotta figure out how to save this wood.

:confused:

Robert Mickley
03-23-2006, 11:30 PM
Get trucking Don

Bernie, I used to be closer, lived in Wichita, El Dorado and Wellington for a while.

And actually rescued my nephew from Goodland, he was on his way home from Ca. and blew up his truck there. Brother and I left out of Youngstown on Wen night at 10 pm, and where back in Youngstown at 8 pm on Sat.

Bernie Weishapl
03-23-2006, 11:54 PM
I wish you were closer to. Yea I have a sister in Wichita and my dad is in Clearwater in the rest home. So get down there quite often.

John Hart
03-24-2006, 7:11 AM
Oh man!!!! Road Trip!!!! We're neighbors Robert....I'd be pleased to be a good neighbor and ease your burden.;)

Robert Mickley
03-24-2006, 8:32 AM
When do you want to come get them ?
I'm going to start cleaning the shop today. Start being the key word it may take me two or three days. don't worry I won't toss them out. You want the freeway trip or the sceninc route?

John Timberlake
03-24-2006, 1:46 PM
John beat me to it. I'm only 90 minutes away in Medina. Oh well, maybe next time.

John Hart
03-24-2006, 1:51 PM
John beat me to it. I'm only 90 minutes away in Medina. Oh well, maybe next time.

Hey...You want to go together John? I might be having car issues this weekend....and it sounds like Robert is chomping at the bit.

Robert Mickley
03-24-2006, 3:53 PM
If your really nice guys and behave you can bring your chainsaw chains that need sharpened, I do have a chainsaw grinder.

I'l go down there and see what exactly is all there. since i've been cleaning off and on today, just got back from the vets office. I'll grab a few pics later, right now I have some seeds to plant

Robert Mickley
03-24-2006, 4:54 PM
left to right in the first two pics
ash slabs and blocks

next 3 standing on edge are cherry, big one has split in it but will still make a 8 to 10 incher and a smaller one

two laying down in front are american beech

two on the end stacked are walnut

last on edge on the right are willow and black ash

third and fourth pic is and ash slab,

then the walnut log

and if your nice to me we can dig out one of these beams and see if we can hack something out of them, they are just some lowly wormy chestnut

Robert Mickley
03-24-2006, 4:56 PM
picture og the beams, I was supposed to saw these but too many nails, I saved them since I figured I could cull some turning stock out of them

Don Baer
03-24-2006, 5:15 PM
Oh Man that would all fit in the bed of my silverado...:(

I just new I suda left last night. If I drove streight through I coulda made it before Mr. Hart gets there...

John Hart
03-24-2006, 5:24 PM
Well geez Robert....that's a lot! Can we come out tomorrow? I just talked to John Timberlake and we can make the trip tomorrow morning. Would that be ok with you?

Don Baer
03-24-2006, 5:29 PM
I just calculated the fuel cost and at $665 for the round trip I'm afraid LOML would shoot me if I tried that. and now since Mr. Hart has a ride lined up I guess it's a mute point...:(

John Hart
03-24-2006, 5:36 PM
I think you oughta make the trip anyway Don. You really can't put a price on friendship.;) :D

Don Baer
03-24-2006, 5:44 PM
I think you oughta make the trip anyway Don. You really can't put a price on friendship.;) :D

Very true John. I'm afraid that LOML also has a pile of honey do's lined up for my weekend. gonna put the house up for sale in a few weeks and she's got a whole list od stuff lined up for me to do B-4 we put it on the market. But a creeker visit would be fun..:D

Oh well maybe another time.

Robert Mickley
03-24-2006, 5:51 PM
Well geez Robert....that's a lot! Can we come out tomorrow? I just talked to John Timberlake and we can make the trip tomorrow morning. Would that be ok with you?

well I had to make it worth the trip!! come on who is going to drive an hour for one bowl blank? oh wait that would be me :D

tell me where your coming from Cleveland covers a lot of ground!!!

Tomorrow is fine with me.

John Hart
03-24-2006, 5:54 PM
Well...I'm driving to John Timberlake's house (leaving around 9:00). We are leaving together from his house in Medina.....With chainsaws.:D

Oh...I live outside of Euclid

Robert Mickley
03-24-2006, 6:24 PM
John, sent directions via pm, use the second set LOL