PDA

View Full Version : Sure is Addicting

Scott Donley
03-23-2006, 6:37 PM
Well. I got the new live center, sure been fun. Still learning but getting a bit better with each one. At this rate I should be pretty good this time next year :) Canarywood, ( really liked turning this wood ) Wenge, ( really disliked this wood ) and Rosewood.
Well, gotta go, four more types of wood to try out!! Later

Bernie Weishapl
03-23-2006, 6:44 PM
Those are some mighty fine looking pens Scott. Great work. Keep it up.

Ernie Nyvall
03-23-2006, 6:58 PM
Nice job on the pens Scott. Looks like you got a good setup there. Nice pile of chips going.:D

Ernie

Corey Hallagan
03-23-2006, 7:17 PM
Hey nice work Scott, those are great looking pens. They are fun that is for sure. Did you say you don't like Rosewood or you do? Rosewood is one of my favorites to turn and it is beautiful to boot! What you using for finish on your pens?
Corey

John Hart
03-23-2006, 7:49 PM
Pretty nice Scott! Hey that live center looks like the one that I just bought. I like it.:)

Bruce Shiverdecker
03-23-2006, 11:58 PM
Those are WINNERS, Scott.

Keep up the good work. (BTW.........Some of those would go great for the Freedom Pen Program.

Bruce

Scott Donley
03-24-2006, 1:39 AM
Thanks,
Corey- it was the Wenge I really did not like, maybe when I get better I will like it more, chips pretty easy for a begginer, so far all the finish has been shellawax, time to try something new :)
John- yes it is the PSI, orderd from Woodturninz. Sure a lot nicer than my old one.
Bruce- Funny, I was thinking the same thing today, my next order for kits and blanks I will include a few extra for FP.
Take care all !

Jim Dunn
03-24-2006, 11:45 PM
Nice looking lathe and pens too Scott.

Scott Donley
03-25-2006, 2:58 AM
Nice looking lathe and pens too Scott. Thanks, that lathe of yours sure shines compared to mine :) I almost did not take the one I have, it was a freebe from a neighbor, no motor spur center or tail center and a rust bucket but it turning out to be a nice little lathe. Is that a link belt on yours ? I think the belt I am using must be 50 years old, it might be time to replace it :)

Jim Dunn
03-25-2006, 9:30 AM
Scott it is a link belt and I highly recommend it on this type of lathe. The only way to change a belt on this model is to remove the spindle from the head stock. With a link belt you simply make up a belt to length and have a go at it. Really simple!

Scott Donley
03-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Scott it is a link belt and I highly recommend it on this type of lathe. The only way to change a belt on this model is to remove the spindle from the head stock. With a link belt you simply make up a belt to length and have a go at it. Really simple!Thanks Jim, you just made my life a LOT easier :)