PDA

View Full Version : Trouble today Cond...

Dick Shryock
02-21-2003, 4:13 PM
Wow now I see that I have no posts and the original post regarding this has gone away. When I replied to the orriginal message I got a message about not being a valid thread. My count is I believe about 18 messages counting this one. Let's see what my count is now <grin>

Ted Shrader
02-21-2003, 5:14 PM
Dick -

It was all a plot to reduce the point count so Ken S would make it to senior member first. I know he is senior already, so he partially quailifies. :D

Ted

Ken Salisbury
02-21-2003, 5:20 PM
Originally posted by Ted Shrader
Dick -

It was all a plot to reduce the point count so Ken S would make it to senior member first. I know he is senior already, so he partially quailifies. :D

Ted
Not yet but watch my next post

Ted Shrader
02-21-2003, 5:22 PM
Originally posted by Ken Salisbury
Not yet but watch my next post

Waiting, but not very patiently! All kinds of bells and whistles, I suppose.

Ted

Keith Outten
02-21-2003, 5:49 PM
Yep!

We did have a couple of problems today, one of our settings was incorrect which caused our database to hiccup and several posts were deleted when we restarted the database.

Concerning the post counts and member titles, we made a change here as well. From the email messages I have been receiving it was apparent that the majority of our members did not like the title system so we have deleted all the titles and everyone has been moved to member status. As Badger Pond did not use this type of system we have adjusted this board to make sure everyone is on equal footing.

These changes only have significant impact on Ken and we already have made plans to give Ken a new moderators title soon so we hope everyone will embrace these changes as positive.

SawMill Creek is now capable of sustaining 5000 members on the board at any given time.

Enjoy!

Ken Salisbury
02-21-2003, 6:27 PM
OK Keith -- You are forgiven this time:)

Dave Arbuckle
02-21-2003, 10:12 PM
I think that's an excellent choice, Keith. I've seen on other forums a lot of confusion caused by arbitrary post count titles.

Dave

Martin Shupe
02-22-2003, 1:25 AM
is well qualified and would be an excellent moderator! Plus, that will give him something to do in those rare moments when he is not turning pens or enjoying adult beverages.

Hey Ken, I always read your posts, and I am glad you made it to the Creek. Now we just need to get everyone else here after the Pond finally drains.

Hey Keith, great work...

I accessed from work last week in the midnight to 0200 time frame and it was cool to see I was not the only one on the site.

Keith Outten
02-22-2003, 5:55 AM
Martin,

Our board moderators are actually being selected by our members, several people have sent me email recommending people who would be good candidates from the Pond. As soon as the board configuration is finalized and the Pond group is all here we will setup the moderators. This gives everyone the opportunity to get used to this software.

Ken Salisbury
02-22-2003, 7:08 AM
Originally posted by Martin Shupe
is well qualified and would be an excellent moderator! Plus, that will give him something to do in those rare moments when he is not turning pens or enjoying adult beverages.

Hey Ken, I always read your posts, and I am glad you made it to the Creek. Now we just need to get everyone else here after the Pond finally drains.

Hey Keith, great work...

I accessed from work last week in the midnight to 0200 time frame and it was cool to see I was not the only one on the site. Thanks Martin
I have periodically made posts on The Pond encouraging people to join us here and will do that a few more times before the Pond closes down. I really believe once they understand all the features here they will make this home.

Dave Hammelef
02-22-2003, 9:28 AM
Yes this place does feel more like ours then anyplace else. I really like being able to see who else is on line. Gotta go check and see have we hit 500 members yet?

Dave Hammelef
02-22-2003, 9:29 AM
Nope 491 getting close though.

Ted Shrader
02-22-2003, 9:36 AM
Originally posted by Dave Hammelef
Nope 491 getting close though.

Dave -

I was watching yesterday, too. Started at about 420 up. Will break 500 today. Total number really is above 500 now beacuse there are some "invisible" members. But acknowledged membership will break the 500 mark today.

It is also interesting to watch who is online and their number. At any given time there is a lot of knowledge to tap into. It is amazing! Of course all of this stuff is available to the BB operator any time, but it is great for the populous to know it too.

Ted