PDA

View Full Version : Turned Boxes **PICS**

Ken Salisbury
08-12-2003, 5:06 PM
Here are a couple of turned boxes I whipped out. One is walnut with a cherry knob on top. The other is walnut and bloodwood. The Corona is shown for size comparison.

p.s. I drank the Corona.

Jim Becker
08-12-2003, 5:11 PM
p.s. I drank the Corona.

Turning over a new leaf?? :D

Oh, yea...I like the boxes too. Nice color and format.

Noah Alkinburgh
08-12-2003, 5:14 PM
Real pretty. What finish did you use? How long did they take? detail man detail :)

Noah

Ken Salisbury
08-12-2003, 5:24 PM
Real pretty. What finish did you use? How long did they take? detail man detail :)

Noah
I used Crystal Coat and Minwax Finishing Wax on them Noah. Can't give you all the details --- you have to have the "secret password" to get details :D. Took an hour and a half.

Kevin Gerstenecker
08-12-2003, 7:48 PM
Very nice little boxes Ken! The Bloodwood and Walnut is a neat concept..........the colors work well together. The finish is outstanding on both.............just like glass! What is a Corona anyway? REAL rebels don't drink that preppy beer! ;) One more picture of an empty Corona Bottle, and I am sending the Bud Light Police to Rebel Land! :D Great turnings Ken, thanks for sharing the pictures with us!

Jim Becker
08-12-2003, 8:35 PM
One more picture of an empty Corona Bottle, and I am sending the Bud Light Police to Rebel Land!

But, it wasn't empty...yet. ;)

Tom Sweeney
08-12-2003, 9:31 PM
Ken,
Lie down in a cool room & take deep breaths - you'll be OK I'll call someone to come over & give you a Bud Light IV & everything will be all better :D

Oh really cool turned boxes by the way I especially like the walnut & bloodwood one - verrrrry nice :cool:

Todd Burch
08-12-2003, 10:14 PM
So if you already drank the Corona, what's that in the bottle? Cant' tear yourself away from the lathe long enough for typical bodily functions? I thought I heard a news report a few years back about the beer in Corona being substituted for some other amber fluid... :D

Todd.

Bob Janka
08-13-2003, 1:28 PM
Here are a couple of turned boxes I whipped out. One is walnut with a cherry knob on top. The other is walnut and bloodwood. The Corona is shown for size comparison.

p.s. I drank the Corona.

I thought that the Corona was a new finishing technique. :D

Cheers,
Bob

Mike Schwing
08-13-2003, 2:10 PM
Thats not a box! Boxes have corners!

No jokes about thinking outside of the box please....

Don Farr
08-13-2003, 2:18 PM
Really nice Ken. I need to run over and see you some time. Maybe you can teach me a thing or three about turning. I'm only about 20 miles from the Alabama line.
I'll bring a cooler. Full of course. :D

Ken Salisbury
08-13-2003, 3:36 PM
Really nice Ken. I need to run over and see you some time. (You are welcome anytime)Maybe you can teach me a thing or three about turning. I'm only about 20 miles from the Alabama line.
I'll bring a cooler. Full of course.(no bribes are required) :D

Lee Schierer
08-13-2003, 5:02 PM
Next picnic maybe we can see a turned box demo from you. Only took a half a bottle too. Must have run low on Bud Lite.