PDA

View Full Version : Font Size Default?

Bruce Page
08-12-2003, 11:58 AM
Good morning all,
I have a easy question for the PC guru’s out there. Is there a way to change the font default in MS Explorer? When I launch Explorer it always defaults to the medium size setting, which is too small for these tired eyes.

Thanks

People want economy and they will pay any price to get it. — Lee Iacocca

Don Farr
08-12-2003, 2:51 PM
I don't know how to change just MS explorer, but you might give this a try. Right click on your desktop and choose properties. Then choose appearance and font size. Change from normal to large.

Bruce Page
08-12-2003, 7:37 PM
I don't know how to change just MS explorer, but you might give this a try. Right click on your desktop and choose properties. Then choose appearance and font size. Change from normal to large.

Thanks Don, but that’s not what I’m after. In MS Explorer you can go to the View dropdown and select font sizes ranging from “smallest” to “largest” with medium being the default. I would like Explorer open in the next larger font e.g. “larger” instead of manually setting the font size each time I open it up.

To err is human, and to blame it on a computer is even more so. - Robert Orben

Ken Garlock
08-12-2003, 10:16 PM
Bruce, are stuck with what you see.

You can go to the top of the page and click "view" and then "text size" to change the size of text which is NOT set by the webpage designer. For example, if you change the text size to "largest", the only that changes on the SMC main page is the name "Saw Mill Creek" at the top of the forums list. Not much help :(

If Microsoft wanted you to change the font size all over the screen, they would have provided an option. Uncle Bill knows best, just ask him. :)

Just go ahead and spring for that new 20 in. LCD monitor you have secretly wanted. :D Or, if you are over 40, get tri-focal glasses, they work wonders for reading and computer viewing. :)

Bruce Page
08-12-2003, 11:17 PM
Just go ahead and spring for that new 20 in. LCD monitor you have secretly wanted. :D Or, if you are over 40, get tri-focal glasses, they work wonders for reading and computer viewing. :)

Tri-focals.... NEVER! :D

Thank Ken, I was afraid that that was the case :rolleyes:

Don Farr
08-14-2003, 12:45 PM
Bruce, you may want to try this. I just did and it does help even with SMC. Go to control panel, then accessibility options, then display. Check use high contrast and try different ones under the settings button. I tried classic windows. It takes a Little getting use to. Worth a shot anyway.

Bobby Hatfield
08-14-2003, 5:26 PM
Good morning all,
I have a easy question for the PC guru’s out there. Is there a way to change the font default in MS Explorer? When I launch Explorer it always defaults to the medium size setting, which is too small for these tired eyes.

Thanks

People want economy and they will pay any price to get it. — Lee Iacocca

Hey Bruce do like I did, next time in the drug store or wallyworld pharmacy check out those stands of grandpa glasses. It took three trys to get the correct magnifacation, 3.0 works just fine. They are cheap too, about $7. Gettin old ain't all its chalked up to be.