PDA

View Full Version : Women... and Griz Jointers

RichMagnone
03-22-2006, 4:54 PM
After I returned from a morning in court, I received a phone call from my loving wife who asked "Did you buy something from 'a Grizzly'"?

In fact, I had - a brand spankin new G490 8" Jointer. I was awful excited, so I replied, anticipating that the shipping company had called to schedule delivery - "yes, why?"

My darling bride replies: "Well, some shipping company wanted to drop it off today, but I'm busy with the kids, so I told them I'd call them back to reschedule for some other time".

She's lucky I'm 60 miles away!

john whittaker
03-22-2006, 4:59 PM
Awwwwww...The Luck of the Irish :D
Hope it finds its way home someday.

Jim Becker
03-22-2006, 5:11 PM
AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! !!!

Joe Unni
03-22-2006, 5:38 PM
I suppose this isn't the place to hear what your inner voice reply to your wife was ;) .

Good luck...once it's in place.

-joe

Allen Bookout
03-22-2006, 5:45 PM
My bet is that they shipped it back to Grizzly. Oh well, you can always order another one. Allen

Mike Cutler
03-22-2006, 6:32 PM
Rich. I feel for ya' bro'.

This weeks marriage lesson. Brought to you from Sawmill Creek. Keep Your Wife in the Loop.:eek:, ;)

Barry O'Mahony
03-22-2006, 7:47 PM
Mine would just have told them, "you'll have to talk to my husband about that; here's his number".

Jeff Geltz
03-22-2006, 7:58 PM
You should have seen the guy who dropped off my 20" PM 209 Planer a few weeks back. My wife told him "You can just drop it off here in the garage. My husband will bring it down to the basement." He took one look at her and said "Lady - this thing weighs 880 pounds. No way your husband moves this thing once I drop it." She insisted. He dropped it and RAN back to his truck.

She is so tolerant...

Bill Simmeth
03-22-2006, 8:36 PM
A couple years ago when my State OSS arrived by semi-trailer and I was out of town, LOML was sharp enough to say wait right here, went out to the barn, swapped the tractor's loader bucket with the fork attachment, drove to the end of the drive and plucked the pallet off the back of the trailer and neatly placed it in the garage, safe and dry.

This week's second marriage lesson brought to you from Sawmill Creek: Not only keep your wife in the loop, teach her how to unload the delivery truck. :p

Art Mulder
03-22-2006, 8:39 PM
He dropped it and RAN back to his truck.

Oh, hey, Jeff, you can't leave the story off there!!

Steve Evans
03-22-2006, 8:43 PM
A couple years ago when my State OSS arrived by

Bill

You got that in the garage too??:D

Bill Simmeth
03-22-2006, 8:49 PM
You got that in the garage too??:DYup, eh...

Gail O'Rourke
03-22-2006, 9:02 PM
I hope you brought home flowers for her....

RichMagnone
03-22-2006, 9:19 PM

She added insult to injury by telling me that they had called on Monday too. Ouch. At least she set the delivery, after we spoke, for tomorrow!

Barry O'Mahony
03-22-2006, 9:22 PM
LOML was sharp enough to say wait right here, went out to the barn, swapped the tractor's loader bucket with the fork attachment, drove to the end of the drive and plucked the pallet off the back of the trailer and neatly placed it in the garage, safe and dry.

I guess that's the definition of "keeper". ;)

CPeter James
03-22-2006, 10:28 PM
Bill, that reminds me of a story about the UPS delivery truck that got stuck in the road in front of my house about 30 years ago. The driver came up to the house to use telephone and my wife said she would take my bulldozer and pull him out which she did. The story made the rounds locally. Wives like that are hard to find and are keepers for sure.

CPeter

Mark Hollingsworth
03-22-2006, 10:50 PM
A couple years ago when my State OSS arrived by semi-trailer and I was out of town, LOML was sharp enough to say wait right here, went out to the barn, swapped the tractor's loader bucket with the fork attachment, drove to the end of the drive and plucked the pallet off the back of the trailer and neatly placed it in the garage, safe and dry.

This week's second marriage lesson brought to you from Sawmill Creek: Not only keep your wife in the loop, teach her how to unload the delivery truck. :p My wife of 25 years grew up on a farm here in SD. We have a small John Deere with bucket I use mainly for movin snow. She probably would have trouble just starting it. If she didn't learn anything onthe farm about runnin machinery no way am I gonna try to teach her how to put the forks on, let alone operate it. That's scary just to think about!Whewwww!

larry merlau
03-23-2006, 8:08 AM
well rich i feel for you. and the fella with the tractor driving wife has got to have a garden full of flowers for her.. when i logged on this am i thought i would be gettin some useful info on wood working, but now its two fold. we can even get useful info on gettin the right better half:D used to be they had to cook ,clean , sew amd look pretty now we can add tractor driver:D

Julio Navarro
03-23-2006, 8:18 AM

Theres logic in this folks..it works, belive me!

Mark Pruitt
03-23-2006, 8:23 AM
Theres logic in this folks..it works, belive me!

I'll be darned if I've ever figured it out, but I'll just have to take your word on that one.

Julio Navarro
03-23-2006, 8:35 AM
(laughing) I cant figure it out either, Mark, I just know theres logic in it. I think it has to do with endorphins in certain flowers (directly proportional to the cost of said flowers) the mere sight of them changes the female chemistry and positively effects their brain in favor of whomevers' out streached arms are holding the flowers. (of course there has to be a predisposition for the individual offering them there flora)

Keith Barkhau
03-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Hey Rich,

I live in the Chicago area, and if you're not around to accept the delivery I'd be more than HAPPY to have them drop it at my place. Of course once its in my shop it'll probably never leave again....

Steve Hayes
03-23-2006, 2:40 PM
My wife just said "there's a big truck out side that has your new toy. I don't want to know what it is just don't mess up the yard getting it inside!" Hmmmm??? With that attitude I could order the JWL-1642 and she would never know........ yeh right.

Robert Mayer
03-23-2006, 4:27 PM
is domestic abuse still illegal???