PDA

View Full Version : Sign-in Staion Height

Byron Trantham
08-12-2003, 8:44 AM
I need to design a sign-in station at a rec center. How tall should it be? The people signing in would be standing while the managers would be sitting [on tall stools?]. I also want mount this unit on 4" rollers so it can be rolled into stoage during the off-season.

Dave Anderson
08-12-2003, 12:06 PM
Hi Byron,

I think 42" to the wrighting surface would be a good height. I have a 42" hi wall hung "bench" that I stand at to do my project design. I have a "draftsman" stool that I sometims sit in to do the project design on the same surface. The 42" height seems to be a good compromise and works equally well whether standing or sitting on the stool.

Be sure to post pics, sounds like a fun project.

Byron Trantham
08-12-2003, 1:02 PM
Thanks Dave. I think 42" sound about right to me also. I will post some pics though this project is off in the horizon for now. I'm just going to get some drawings together for the customer.

John Christiansen
08-12-2003, 7:10 PM
Thanks Dave. I think 42" sound about right to me also. I will post some pics though this project is off in the horizon for now. I'm just going to get some drawings together for the customer.

I guess I don't really need to reply, since you've already gotten the dimension, but just to help confirm it......

I built this reception center about five years ago, based on dimensions given to me by the architect that was responsible for our campus renovation/building program going on at the time.

The counter height is 42" and I have never heard any complaints about it.

Kirk (KC) Constable
08-12-2003, 7:56 PM
Seems like 42" is the popular answer...but just to throw a wrench in the works, :( I'm building a brochure display thingy that sure sounds like a deposit/withdrawal/form filling out counter for a bank project...and when I wanted to verify the height they walked to the other room to measure one in the lobby and said, "39". That 'feels' low to me, but I had to chime in...

KC