PDA

View Full Version : It's Real Mean and Has 72 Sharp Teeth....pic

Dennis Peacock
03-22-2006, 12:32 AM
Greetings,

Nope....it's not a lathe. :eek: :rolleyes:

But it IS something that help to FEED the lathe though.:cool: ;)

Here's my new Stihl MS-361. I fired this baby up in the shop tonight after I got home and MAN!!!! Has this thing got POWER!!!!!!!:eek: :D :D

The LOML said that all the safety gear comes with the saw in her opinion, so I got the helment with hearing protection and face protection and the protective chaps. I was supposed to pick up Mark one of the helments, but they only had one in stock. Hey MARK.....you can borrow mine until next week when they get more in stock so Derek will have the protection you want him to have this weekend.

Needless to say....I'm HAPPY about my new chainsaw....so all you standing trees???? Better LOOK OUT!!!!!!!!:eek: :D

Thanks everyone for your helpful tips and advice. I'm sure happy with my purchase so far. Now.....where's that Pecan log I need to cut for Jim Becker?

Ken Fitzgerald
03-22-2006, 12:34 AM
Go Dennis! Based on reports from local loggers.....you'll like that
Stihl!

Barry Stratton
03-22-2006, 2:13 AM
Good for you!

I have to admit, for a moment I was jealous `cause I thought you went out and "bonked" a gator......

Gary Herrmann
03-22-2006, 4:27 AM
We Gators don't like being bonked anymore than anyone else. We do heartily approve of Stihl orange tools too.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
03-22-2006, 5:31 AM
Hey congrats!

Keep that chain sharp, and make sure you have some plastic wedges, and a spare chain, or two.

Cheers!

John Hart
03-22-2006, 7:21 AM
Congratulations on your decision Dennis! I'll use my PoulanPro till she dies, then go your route as well.

Gary Max
03-22-2006, 7:34 AM
With a Deere sitting in the back ground---life is good

Ed Scolforo
03-22-2006, 8:26 AM
Congratulations, Dennis. You're gonna like that orange boy.

George Conklin
03-22-2006, 8:28 AM
Great glaoat there, Dennis. It's a good day!:)

George

Dennis Peacock
03-22-2006, 8:49 AM
Good for you!

I have to admit, for a moment I was jealous `cause I thought you went out and "bonked" a gator......

ROFL, Barry!!!!!:D :D Naw....we don't do gators 'round these parts. We do wild hawgs though.:rolleyes: :D

Bernie Weishapl
03-22-2006, 9:51 AM
Congrats on the new saw Dennis. Those tree's surely have to be shaking in there boots now.

David Fried
03-22-2006, 11:39 AM
... I thought you went out and "bonked" a gator......

I was afraid it was a self description :eek:

That looks like a great tool! I need to get one someday! I bought a used one 10 years ago - an ancient Pioneer, weighed so much I could barely use it. I was amazed when you were discussing the weights of the models you were considering. They all sounded good and light.

Dave Fried

Jim Becker
03-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Nice! Congrats!

BTW, I also use my orange sawing helmet/mask/hearing "system" when running the chipper...it's not just for chain saw use! Other than regular safety glasses, which you still must wear under the mesh mask, it's a lot simpler than separates for this kind of work.

Andy Hoyt
03-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Well - for now, it's okay.

But I wanna see a pic of Dennis fully suited up with all regalia.

Why? Because while I can visualize the helmet in use; it's the chaps (and whip and spurs and spikey leather armlet thingies) that have me concerned.:D

Steve Clardy
03-22-2006, 1:21 PM
72 teeth. Sounds like about a 24" bar.

George Troy Hurlburt
03-22-2006, 2:07 PM
A wood hoag like that means you will be cutting big logs. That also means a big heavy lathe if you don't already have one. Congradulations on your new saw. GT

Ernie Nyvall
03-22-2006, 6:43 PM
Congrats Dennis. You'll love it.

Ernie

Bob Noles
03-22-2006, 8:33 PM
Dennis.....

You've got to stop placing this temptation before me like this :rolleyes: ;)

Curt Fuller
03-22-2006, 8:42 PM
You've made me jealous. I visited Arkansas a couple years ago and from all the trees I saw I think you could probably wear that saw out before you're too old and feeble to lift it.

Joe Mioux
03-22-2006, 9:41 PM
Dennis, I don't know about you but I think Stihl ought to make protective bib overalls.

I'm getting an image of you in orange bibs...:p

Congrats on the chainsaw. I love my Stihl and I know you will yours.

Joe

Dennis Peacock
03-22-2006, 9:48 PM
Dennis, I don't know about you but I think Stihl ought to make protective bib overalls.

I'm getting an image of you in orange bibs...:p

Congrats on the chainsaw. I love my Stihl and I know you will yours.

Joe

Joe,

I checked to see if they had protective Bibs.....Nope. Shoot....I guess I'll just have to have Blue upper Bibs and lower Orange protective chaps. Maybe I can put in a suggestion for Stihl brand Bibs.:rolleyes: :D

Dennis Peacock
03-22-2006, 9:49 PM
Dennis.....

You've got to stop placing this temptation before me like this :rolleyes: ;)

Boooooooobbbbbbbb!!! You Neeeeedddddddd a new Stihl chainsaw. It'll make your turning soooo much better!!!!:p :D

Brad Schmid
03-22-2006, 9:56 PM
Ahhh, well done Dennis. Chaps are a good move.
Congrats on the new saw, I don't think you'll regret choosing the 361.
Cheers